- D E L E T E D S C E N E

Ο Ο Ο

ALTERNATE First Kiss Scene

Ο Ο Ο

So remember the first time they kissed in the book? Originally the car ride to Neibolt afterwards was a lot more chaotic. Here... just read it.

Richie, Eddie and Beverly piled out of the car at the Center Street Drug Store and Richie couldn't help but smirk knowingly at Eddie as they filed inside past Greta Keene herself, earning himself nothing but a punch to the shoulder that resulted in a flash of white and a ragged gasp. Eddie went pale and his hands flew out to steady Richie, uttering rushed apologies, abject terror in his gaze while Beverly nearly choked on tears of laughter around the corner.

"Oh my God, shut up, I was kidding," Richie snorted, shoving the shorter man and watching as he stumbled into one of the shelves, knocking a few things down. Beverly had to cover her mouth to contain her giggles, and Richie threw his arms up to prefect his face as Eddie came at him with flying hands and a furious expression upon his face.

"Ow, ow, stop, mercy!" He begged under his breath, stomach beginning to ache with all of his laughter. "I is sorry, mistah kaspbrak! I is sorry!"

"You're such a fucking dickbag," Eddie hissed, face still bright red. "Pick out your fucking chocolate bar."

"Wanna share it with me, baby?" He purred into Eddie's ear, backing him up against the shelf and grabbing a dark chocolate bar over his shoulder. He pushed his face real close. "I can put a piece in my mouth and feed it to you like a mama bird—"

"Oh my God, I'm gonna puke—" Eddie gagged, shoving Richie aside and fleeing towards the front counter. Beverly snagged a pack of chips on her way out of the aisle and Richie fell into step beside her, sighing contentedly.

"You are so obvious," she snickered, bumping her shoulder against his good one. Richie placed a hand on his chest, raising his eyebrows.

"Moi? Whatever do you mean?" He asked. She just snorted, shaking her head.

"God, Tozier, you're whipped," she told him, before jogging to catch up with Eddie at the front counter. Richie just shrugged one shoulder and made his way over, throwing down the candy bar and grabbing a discreet handful of pixie-sticks that became less discreet when he threw them down on top of the rest of their items— including a pack of cigarettes that Bev seemed to be planning to actually purchase this time around. Richie remembered with a small smile the time they had stolen the supplies to help out a heavy and profusely bleeding Ben Hanscom.

Eddie covered everything, despite Richie's protests, and took the bag with a soft mumble of thanks. Richie noticed his gaze flick nervously towards the door to the back of the pharmacy, and he frowned, but kept silent for once in his life. On the way out the door, Greta watched them, a huge bubble of gum protruding from her crude mouth. Richie slipped a small folded up bill into Eddie's back pocket and smacked his ass, winking at the woman as he walked by and snatching a piece of gum from the pack she was holding.

"You're fucking dead, Trashmouth," Eddie snarled, turning on him as soon as they were out of the store. He handed the plastic bag to Bev and started to push up the sleeves of his sweatshirt.

"Oh, are we fighting now?" Richie asked, grinning. "We gonna fight, Eds?"

"Don't call me that, Richie," Eddie warned.