Chapter 3

Saturday was a warm day, a beautiful day. The sun was shining, it was the perfect spring day. Last night was nice, we just watched movies and it was nice to hang around people that I didn't feel the need to continue conversations with. People I could just me with, people to actually hang out with, I hadn't had any friends after my break up with Lucy, not really because of her, I don't actually know the reason really, maybe no one wanted to deal with my anxiety and depression. I felt my phone buzz and I looked down to see a group text, it was Camila and Dinah.

'Were going to get ice cream, meet us at the beach?'

As much as I was loving hanging out with them and having people to be around, I was questioning why they wanted to be around me so much, I know they said that they forgave me for what I did, but it seemed to be a lot considering we hadn't been in each other's lives for 2 years.

'Well I'm not gonna say no to ice cream 😉'

I got changed and jumped in my car, heading toward the beach, I didn't live far away only about 10 minutes so it was a quick drive. I walked into the ice cream shop to see two smiling faces looking at me. "I love how you guys assumed I was free." I said laughing when I saw them, "even if you weren't free, you did say you can't say no to ice cream." Camila had a big grin on her face and I nodded agreeing with her, we walked over to the display cabinet to suss our what flavours we wanted. "There's too many to choose from." Dinah complained, "mate that's not a bad thing." I said laughing, I went straight to the chocolate types of ice cream, "chocolate for me" I said grinning. "You're so boring." Camila said smiling at me, "what? Just because my ice cream choice isn't because of the colour pink." I said winking at her, she started laughing. "Shhh..." We all selected our ice creams and decided  to head down the beach and watch the sunset. "Sunsets would have to be my most favourite thing in the world."'I said, there wasn't many people down the beach which was surprising considering how beautiful the night was, I went for a walk towards the water to observe the sun setting over the sea. I turned around to see Camila standing right behind me, "didn't realise you were following me." She smiled, "I love sunsets too." She said, we stood there in silence taking in the colours that were painting the sky, a few moments later I felt her link her arm with mine and put her head on my shoulder. "I think you were meant to come back in my life." She said simply, I started to get nervous, my heart was beating a lot faster than it was 10 seconds ago. "Everything happens for a reason I suppose." I was trying not to think about things, it was my new goal in life, not to overthink things and to just go with the flow and not stress, but she was cuddled up to me, in public, we weren't even meant to be talking let alone hanging out and being this close. She unlinked herself from me and we started walking back toward Dinah who was sitting on the beach scrolling on her phone, "hey Lauren, we might have to unblock you off social media now." She said with sarcasm in her voice, I laughed, "Let's not push the friendship yeah?" I joked back. I opened my phone and noticed Dinah had followed me back on Instagram and added me on Snapchat, and seconds later Camila had as well. "You deleted everything off Instagram?" Camila asked, I nodded. "Pretty much only sunsets and beach pictures on there now, I didn't want anything else on there." I confessed, social media sucked sometimes because it reminds you of everything  that you once had and you can still see things you don't want to see.

I was laying in bed that night when I opened my Instagram app and the first photo that popped up looked oddly familiar. It was a very subtle sunset picture of the beach we were at tonight, and I looked closer and noticed I was in the picture, you wouldn't really be able to tell unless you knew, but Camila had posted a photo that Dinah must have taken of us, when we were having our moment, the caption read 'Sunsets would have to be my most favourite thing in the world.'. I was honestly shocked, I didn't know that Dinah had taken the picture, I didn't expect Camila to post the picture. My understanding was she didn't want people knowing that we were even talking again, and then she posts a picture which for some could be perceived as a romantic picture. Maybe I wasn't doing a good job of not overthinking things. Was I even allowed to like the picture? People on instagram can see who likes the pictures. She was the one who posted the picture, I'm gonna like it anyway. Seconds later I received a text message from Camila.