Chapter 18: Exhausting day ahead !

The glass doors open and reveal the huge apartment district of Erudite headquarters. Walking through empty hallways, searching for the apartment Chloe and I were assigned. Clean hallways lead to endless doors, one of them showing number 348. I swipe the keycard and the door reveals a light blue and white painted room with two beds and a small table. We enter and around the corner there's an open door leading to the bathroom.

"Look, this view is incredible.", Chloe calls out. She is standing next to a glass door, which leads to our balcony. I follow her and she was right, it's not as high as my secret balcony near the library, but it's definitely fascinating. I go back to the main room, inspecting the interior of our new home. The minimalistic beds are neatly wrapped in light blue sheets, a desk lamp and a small plant placed on each of the two white nightstands ,standing next to the beds.

A cupboard is standing on a royal blue wall, next to our bathroom door, it's made from white painted wood and decorated with a single plant in a gray flowerpot with the Erudite symbol engraved, a with mosaics decorated bowl and books of course.
Our new bathroom is rather luxurious, with cream coloured marble and a stone bathtub. We've got a huge sink with a golden water tap. Under the sink, there's a cupboard, filled with towels, embroidered with Erudite's symbol. We quickly fill in our clothing and change after another, to finally start working tomorrow.

Newly dressed,Chloe and I enter the hallway to the science labs, where the rest of the initiants assigned to this job are waiting.A sound is heard and behind us the elevator doors open and a middle aged man exits the vehicle; suddenly, everyone turns silent. He is wearing a blue lab coat with a dark blue chino and a white shirt. His short black hair was roughly pushed back and he is wearing black,square-formed glasses. He walks past us and proceeds to a door in front of us. Then he clears his throat: " Alright. My name is Johnson and I'll be your supervisor." He mentions us to follow and we all  walk through the glass doors. On the other side, we enter a large laboratory, clad with the same clean white walls and the bright lights as everywhere else in Erudite headquarters.
There are  a lot of tables placed in lines and one table is standing in front of all of them.
"This will be your workplace for the next few weeks. After that, you'll be assigned to projects,led by older Erudite, where you will be assisting the scientists in order to get known to the practical use of what you learned in initiation.",he continues. "I expect you here tomorrow at 7am. You can go now."

Next, I follow Chloe to dinner. Sitting at "our" table again, Maya and Ruben start reporting how their day was . They got to test their theoretical and practical skills too.Usually, when we've finished eating,we still talk a little before going to bed, but Chloe is too tired and stands up to go to bed. I follow her, tomorrow is important, we'll need enough sleep.
Back on our new apartment, I notice she's pale and got glassy eyes.
"You're not well are you ?", I ask as she comes out of the bathroom.
"No, not really. I've got a headache. I'm just going to bed,hoping to be better tomorrow, otherwise I'll have to call in on the first day and I won't let that happen."
Poor Chloe.
"Is there anything I can do to help you ?",I ask.
"You almost sound like an Abnegation.", she tries to laugh,but a heavy cough escapes her bronchi and it doesn't sound healthy,"But no,thank you there's nothing you can help with. I'll just need to rest, that's all."
I'm getting ready for bed as she disappears in her sheets, coughing and swearing about her stupid bronchi.
As I hop under my sheets, I feel a scratch in my throat too and my nostrils are far from clear.
Hoping it won't get worse until tomorrow, I slowly pass away.