Part 7: Hot and Heavy

I continued to wash the dishes as I pondered my feelings.
Every time I think of Jotaro I think about what happened moments ago, along with an ache in the pit of my stomach.
'Why do I feel this way?...am I getting sick?'
This feeling is so annoying.

I began to daydream as I dry the dishes when my phone rang. It startled me since I didn't give anyone other then Mr Joestar my number.
I didn't bother checking who it was and picked up, "hey Mr Joestar! Long time no see! How you been?" I said feeling myself relax. I liked Joesph, he and Suzie Q were nice.
I missed them.

"...it's Jotaro." The voice said. My mood instantly dropped.
"Oh..." I replied not meaning to sound disappointed. I forgot I gave Holly my number, he probably got it from her.
"Kakyoin wants you're number" he said, "he can have it" I answered even tho he didn't actually ask. He replied with a hum and we were both quiet, the awkwardness was very present.

"Is that all? I-" I began to say until Jotaro spoke over me "if you want to speak to gramps so bad just call him." He said with surprisingly a bit of a worry in his voice.
Stunned by what he said I was silent. "You ok? He asked, his voice now clearly had worry in it. "Um...yeah.." I replied "hey, Jotaro..." I said, weirdly I didn't feel the weird feelings I'd felt when he was in front of me.

"I'm sorry for what happened today... I know I've been acting weird." I nervously said. I could hear a chuckle from him and the fireworks in my stomach started to go off. "Yeah. You've been weirdly adorab-...." he stopped abruptly. I knew what he was about to say and my face started to heat up "I'm not cute or adorable, Jotaro" I grumbled. He chuckled low. "Shit....." he breathed. "You ok?" I asked and there was a long pause. ".....yeah....just...stubbed my toe" he answered, not convincing me at all.
"Do you need me to come over-?" I started "No!.. I mean.. tch...yare yare daze...I'm fine talk to you tomorrow." He said quickly, sounding annoyed and hung up abruptly.

"Ooh Kay" I questioned looking at my phone, 'that was weird..'

Soon after the call, I finished drying and putting away the dishes. I picked up the vase with the roses and began to walk back to my room. It was then my phone rung again. I didn't recognise the number but I guessed it was Kakyoin.

"Hello, Kakyoin" I answered and then smirked when I heard a gasp from the other end. "How'd you know it was me?" He asked surprised "I know everything~" I said wobbly to sound spooky, "haha, Jotaro called me a minute ago to ask if it was ok for you to have my number.." I answered while looking down at the roses, blushing slightly remembering the events that transpired only moments ago.
"Ah! I see. Well anyways, I called because a girl I'm doing a class project with mentioned you" he said. "Ugh, whatever she said, I don't give a fuck. If she wants to fight I'll punch-" I started but was cut off 'why are people cutting me off so much today? Rude!'
"No! No, nothing like that. She said that she wanted to be your friend but when she tried to approach you, you told her to...pardon my language, 'fuck off' " he said.

I was stunned and stopped walking "oh... oops...um, what's her name?" I asked awkwardly. "Ren-chan. She's funny but kind of shy" he said sounding a bit nervous "hmm~ Kakyoin, do you like Ren-chan~?" I asked slyly "what!? No! I mean, maybe? I don't know" he frantically responds "hahah I'm joking, Kakyoin! Send me a pic of her so I don't accidentally hit her" I said, starting to continue walking back to my room.
"W-what makes you think I have a picture of her?" He said , sounding more panicked. "Well do you?" I said feeling slightly annoyed "....yeh.. b-but she took the picture on my phone when I wasn't looking!" He said quickly.
"suuuure, ok ok just send it over! Anyways I've got to go." I say. "Yeah , yeah.. Oh! Y/N! Jotaro and I are going to the mall tomorrow! Ren-chan said she'd be there too so you can meet her there!" Kakyoin said excitedly.
"Yeah sure. Well, bye!" I say then hang up