Day 2

From this side of the city, the sunrise was completely different. The oranges and yellows made the blacks of the skyscrapers stand out against the sky. Despite it being only five thirty in the morning, a wide smile spread across my face. Sadly, I was used to waking up earlier than this.

A part of me wondered if Katrina was awake yet. She had let me stay in the guest room, but she insisted I don't call it that anymore. 'This is your room now.' she insisted.

I chuckled at the memory of last night. The both of us watched movies together until one in the morning. Thankfully, Katrina said she didn't have work, so we were in the clear. A part of me knew she wanted to continue our movie night, but my body was completely exhausted from the previous days events.

The steady knocking on my door snapped me back into the present. I shuffled around in my blankets and shouted, "Come in!"

Slowly, the door opened, and there stood Katrina with a tray of bottles and cables. Oh joyous occasion! It's time for medicine! I rolled my eyes, and my cheerful mood had vanished.

"Hey, you remember the deal you made with Dr. Wisor. Besides, it's not like you wouldn't be taking these if you were still in the hospital. I wanted to make sure that you still had your regular medicines." she rambled while connecting tubes and counting pills.

I'm still in shock that Katrina let me into her home, let alone is doing all of my treatments for me. "You know, I could probably do this myself. I do know how to take pills."

She shrugged and let her long, brown hair fall around her shoulders. "Doesn't matter. I still enjoy it. After all, I didn't become a nurse just because."

With medicines taken and breakfast eaten, it was time for the first shower I've taken alone in two months.

"Are you sure about this Ollie? I can still help you if you need." The worry Katrina clearly displayed made me smile.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine!"

That's how I'm clinging to the railing for dear life. I don't remember showers being this slippery! My feet don't want to cooperate, but I don't want to shout for help either. Eventually, Katrina will notice that I've been in here for a while, and she will come and rescue me.

Hopefully.

Finally, I managed to stand straight and shower myself properly. It's amazing the things you can clean when you're doing it by yourself. My tired face reflected in the mirror back at me. A frown grew across the baby-face I still possessed at twenty-two.

The pounding of an urgent fist ripped me from my depressive state. "Did you fall into the drain? Hurry up in there, pretty boy!"

I stole another glance at myself in the mirror. My hair was curly and dripping wet, but the brown mop looked kind of hot. A loud laugh escaped my lips, and I doubled over from the sheer force of it.

"Ollie? Oliver! What's going on? Are you okay?!" Katrina pounded her fists against the bathroom door once more.

"I'm okay! I was just laughing because... because I called myself hot!" Laughter erupted from the both of us, and I stumbled over to the door to open it. Katrina was laying on the floor, clutching her stomach from the intense laughter she produced.

"That is funny, Ollie. You're not hot, maybe cute and attractive, but definitely NOT hot. You've got a nice torso, yes, but where be them abs?"

I pouted and crossed my arms in disappointment. "I can't believe you'd say that, meanie. Where are yours, hmm?"

That's when Katrina stopped joking and smirked cunningly. "Maybe you'll get to see one day, mkay?" A wink followed, and I didn't know what to say after that. Thankfully, she slipped passed me and claimed the bathroom as hers.

**************************************************

"So...where are we going again?" I asked as I was dragged down the pavement by Katrina. She giggled and refused to explain what was going on.

"It's a surprise. You're gonna like it. Tell me, what's your sexuality?" The question threw me off guard for a moment. I've never been asked before, but I suppose it should be obvious.

"Straight, duh. Isn't everyone?"

Katrina slowed down for a moment but continued her pace after that. "R-Right. Yeah." She skipped and increased her pace with a smile. "Hurry up! You're going to love them, I promise." I laughed and didn't hesitate to follow behind her.

After taking a few more turns and walking for about ten minutes, we came across a large mansion with trees and bushes littering the front yard. Katrina's hearing caught the loud scream from the front door and pulled me along to it. On the inside, I was screaming, but on the outside I tried to remain calm and collected. Was I going to get murdered?! 

~ Heyo! This chapter is a little longer, I apologise uwu. Originally, I was going to write about what happened in the house, but I figured it would be more interesting as a flashback.  If you can't tell, each chapter is one day unless otherwise marked with points. (Day 1.1, 2.5, etc) 

~ Thanks for reading! If you've read the entire author's note, comment "pinecones" to get a shout out in the next update!