F I V E .

Thursday, August 13th, 2020
3:30pm

A R I A N A

"Thank you." The three of us said to the waitress after taking our orders and menus.

We were in meetings all day about the hair line and the new salon. Lex was the brand ambassador of my whole brand. From the first salon to the second one I plan on opening, then the hairline I wanna drop. She's my 'go to' because she never disappoints.

"So how's life treating you hoes." Lex asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"Tariq wants to get me pregnant." Kiyana blurted out. "Like, all jokes aside. He wants me to have his daughter." She said.

"Sheesh. Do you want kids?" I asked her.

"Of course but not now. I'm young and still living my best life. When I have my kid, I want to be able to put all my attention to them without feeling like I'm missing out on life." She explained.

"Did you tell Riq that?" Lex asked.

"He never gives me a chance. As soon as he comes home, we fucking all night. Then we just go to sleep. I think imma tell him when my period comes and we can't have sex."

"Smart but what if you get pregnant before your period? What you gonna do?" Lex asked her.

"Then imma have a baby. Fuck it." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"What? That is not okay. Tell him today so he doesn't feel led on and so you don't get forced into a situation you don't want to be in." I said to her.

"I hear you sis. I just hope Riq understands where I'm coming from because that's gonna be a big ass argument."

"Rip the bandaid off. He'll be aight."

"Right. It's better now than later." Lex agreed.

"What about you guys? Since y'all got new niggas now. Out of the blue." Ki said.

"He's not my nigga. Me and breeze just went on one date then we just be on the phone or texting all the time. So we just vibing right now. I don't think I really want a relationship." Lex said.

"He don't call you his girl? Or nothing?" I asked her.

"No, and if he did, I'll shut that shit down. I don't want none of that right now. I like it how it is." She explained.

"Why? Dave be calling you his girl?" Kiyana asked me with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, basically since the day we met. At first I thought he was playing but he's still saying it to everyone."

"Uh uh, nope. Can't be me. What's the rush? Didn't y'all just meet this past weekend?" Lex asked.

"Yeah. But it's him not me. I'm just going with the flow." I said