chapter 41: stupid fool

Stupid fool.

Jeon Jungkook really had the nerve to call her that. Jieun trudged back towards the filming location, drying her tears with the sleeves of her dress. She was so fuming mad, and she couldn't pinpoint one exact reason.

Jieun lips trembled as she recalled what had happened between them. Why was she shouting? Was it because she was still mad at him about what had happened with Chaeyoung? Or upset that he had appeared so abruptly at the filming site? Or was she just embarrassed that he had seen her in such a terrible state? Or was she angry that he had yelled at her and called her a stupid fool? Or that he hadn't spoken up when she asked him if he saw her as just a money-making machine? After all, silence meant consent, no?

Everything.

The answer was everything - she was mad about pretty much everything. She was surprised to see him at first, to appear at the filming site after not seeing him for many days. Her heart skipped a beat when he helped her out back there, to be honest, but it all just went downhill from there. It was then she realised - it was precisely the fact that her heart skipped a beat that made her even more upset.

Why was her heart behaving the way it shouldn't? She already knew that Jungkook had Chaeyoung, and no matter how much she disliked Chaeyoung, this wasn't it. Jieun was never a home wrecker, and neither did she intend to be one. Shouldn't the fact that Jungkook had feelings for Chaeyoung deter her from feeling any kind of way towards him anymore?

Then why did her heart still flutter so much around him? Was it because of the kiss she thought she had with him the previous night? But she already knew that it was Jimin and not him, what did her heart not understand? It's all his fault - who asked him to be ever so warm, ever so gentle, ever so kind towards her? It was all his fault, it must be his fault.

And perhaps... was this what people called an... attachment disorder? Was it because she had developed such a strong bond with him over the past few years that she couldn't bear seeing him with anyone else other than herself? What on earth was wrong with her?

Jieun shook her head vigorously, trying to clear the thoughts from her head. Now was not the time to be thinking about such things. All she needed to do now was to get back there, apologise to Namjoon and the filming crew, and no matter how upset she felt with Jennie, to apologise to her too, for taking up her time. That way, they could get back to filming quickly, then she would finally be able go home.

As Jieun approached the filming site once more, just as expected, she could already hear rumours about her and Jungkook going around the rest area outside the room.

"Did you see the guy who was holding Jieun-unnie's hand? He looked so cool, don't you think?"

"Apparently someone said he's the son of one of the richest men in Korea? His father is the one who started Lee Jieun's company and he took over a few years ago!"

"He's so handsome! I wonder what relationship does he have to Jieun-unnie... Do you possibly think they're..."

"Dating? Of course! Did you see the way he held her hand? He looked so angry... I wonder what happened inside there..."

"What else? That Jennie Kim must have done something horrible to her... I never really liked her, she must have plotted something against Jieun-noona."

"Why though? What motive could she possibly have? Don't tell me, it's because she's jealous that Jieun-ie got the lead role?"