chapter 65: fruity

"I have two announcements to make!" Namjoon stood on a chair, trying to grab everyone's attention. "Please listen up!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to look at Namjoon.

"Number one," Namjoon yelled. "I'm sure most of you have heard, but Jennie Kim-ssi has officially left our drama. We'll still be airing the parts that we have taken of her, but Min jagga-nim has altered the script to accommodate for the fact that her character is going to be sent overseas. I will be handing out the new updated script in a bit, please take note."

Jieun nodded as she listened attentively.

"Number two," Namjoon continued. "I'm sure I mentioned this at the script-reading, but here's a reminder to all of you that in three days, we'll be heading to Amsterdam for the filming of our final scene. It will be a 3D2N trip, so please prepare what is necessary. That is all for today, please rest up and see you at the airport on Friday!"

"Jieun-unnie!" Chaeyoung appeared right next to Jieun, with an excited smile on her face. "An overseas filming, are you excited? I'm super excited, I've never gone overseas to film a drama before."

"I'm excited but-" Jieun pursed her lips. "Also kind of nervous..."

"About what?" Chaeyoung smirked. "The kiss scene?"

"What?" Jieun almost choked. "I didn't even think of that. I was actually referring to being overseas alone for the first time but-"

"Aren't you nervous about the kiss scene?" Chaeyoung asked. "It's gonna be your first onscreen kiss scene after all. Unnie, you sure you don't want some tips from me? I can teach you."

"I-" Jieun bit her lower lip, her cheeks turning red immediately. "I- I don't really need-"

"I'll teach her if there's any need to."

Jieun turned around in surprise, only to see Jungkook appearing next to her, staring daggers at Chaeyoung. With one last glare, he yanked Jieun away from Chaeyoung protectively until they were both a good distance away. Then his scary expression disappeared from his face and was replaced by a soft concerned one instead.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook turned Jieun around and looked her from head-to-toe. "Was she trying anything funny with you again?"

Jieun felt bad for Chaeyoung. She was only trying to get along better with Jieun, but she was misunderstood by Jungkook once again. And Jieun knew how being misunderstood felt, ever since that incident that was caught on the CCTV footage. Jieun hated being misunderstood by Jungkook because she liked him, and in that very moment, Jieun knew that Chaeyoung must feel the same. The look on her face only confirmed Jieun's suspicions.

"She wasn't, sajang-nim," Jieun frowned, ushering Jungkook away a little more to ensure that Chaeyoung could not listen in on their conversation and be hurt some more. "And she won't, from now on. She apologised to me earlier so from now, you should stop thinking so badly of her too. Okay?"

Jungkook glanced briefly at Chaeyoung before looking at Jieun with disbelief written all over his face. "Really...?"

"Really," Jieun nodded earnestly. "Why would I lie to you?"

"Because you're always too nice, Lee Jieun," Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Sometimes I can't trust you with such things."

Jieun sighed exasperatedly. "Urgh, you're so-"

"I'm so...?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows cockily. "I'm so what, Lee Jieun? The last time I told you to be careful of Jennie Kim, what happened? Who was right?"