31- Let War Be War

Gabriella's P.O.V

Its been three days since the 'situation' I've barley seen Zane and its been agonising. The pack has been in absolute chaos everything feels of and the pack was full of tension everyone was on edge scared of what might happen at any time.

Every day since I've seen shipment vans with men and boxes of weapons Zane is preparing to start and end this war, I see dozens of boxes stocked with a arsinal being loaded into the dungeons. I see hundreds of men coming and volunteering at the hour preparing to give their lives to protect our lack and it brakes my heart even with all this power behind us I still don't know if we can win this war I know all we can do is stay hopeful and determined but I'm really scared I don't want to lose Zane, he won't even let me help he wants me to just sit around and be 'safe'.

I am literally the reason for all this and all he wants me to do is sit on the side lines watching the battle commence without me. My thoughts are broken as Zane enters the room running his hands through his thick brown hair sighing deeply approaching me. He embraces me quickly and quietly burying his head in the crook of my neck. I know he's stressed so I decide to just hold him, we remind clung to each other silently enjoying the moment for a whole the silence wasn't awkward it's was comfortable. After what felt like a life time of happiness he finally let go kissing my head with a slight smirk.

"how was your day beautiful?" he let's out a husky breath speaking through the kiss he was placing on my head

"it was good I was lonely with ou
t you tho...". He sighs deeply at my response looking at me in sympathy. "I know beautiful I'm so sorry for being gone all day I really cant help it this war is coming and we need to be prepared"

"I know your the alpha I know you can't help it I just get lonely in this house alone"
"it'll all be over soon beautiful I promise then we can have all the time in the world"
"promise?" I hold my pinky out
"promise" he shakes my pinky with his smiling