[004]

☾☾☾

You sat down on a bench,listening to the breeze rustle the overhanging trees. A flood of tears gushed down your ashen cheeks. You swiped at your eyes but the tears came anyway.

Hannah.

Choi Hannah. Your bestfriend. With a thousand watt smile,she is that one person who will come and radiate your day with happiness.

A friendship of 5 years but sadly the life changes.You pursed your lips as the flashback went across your mind.

☾☾☾

Flashback 1 month ago

"Hannah-ah!". She turned to look at you and smile, but it was a bitter one. As her bestfriend, you knew something was off.

You get closer to her. She was standing close at the edge of the rooftop but not so close."Is there something you want to tell me?"

She turned back to look at you. "Do you trust me?"

You let out a chuckle. "Of course I do!"

"Why?". She looked at you with a look of disappointment.

"Because you're my bestfriend". You answered without no hesitation.

"Idiot". You frowned at her. "You shouldn't trust me in the first place"

"What do you mean Hannah-ah?". You looked at her in confusion.

"Are you that stupid! Can't you see that I am only using you after all this time!". She shouted with tears in her eyes.

"What are you talking about--"

Bona came in clapping her hand with delight. She smiled so broadly. "What a lovely friendship"

You frowned even more. "What are you doing here Bona?"

"I'm here to end this friendship". She gave you a very wicked smile as she stood next to Hannah.

"Minchae sweetheart. Nobody loves you, not even your so called bestfriend who is standing right next to me". She came closed to you as she gave you a light tap on the shoulder. "It was all an act. I told her to treat you nicely. Once she gain your trust, then just like that, it ends"

Your heart ached. "Hannah-ah, tell me it isn't true"

But she avoided your gaze and looked down at her shoes. "I'm sorry"

"What did I do so wrong?". Tears came streaming down on your cheeks.

Bona looked at you with an unexplainable emotion. "Everything is just wrong and you need to disappear! ".She was about to push you. You closed your eyes, ready to feel the big impact but a hand grabbed your wrist, preventing you from falling.

Fluttering your eyes opened,you screamed when you saw Hannah. Both of her hand was scrabbling over the ledge. One simple mistake would brought her to dead.

"Hannah-ah!". You grabbed both of her arm. "Do not let go!".You looked at your side only to see Bona was completely stunned.

"I-I didn't mean to push her". She mumbled.

"What are you doing! Come here and help me!". Bona hesitated at first but she turned away. With heavy steps, she left the scene.

You looked at her in disbelief. How heartless she is! You looked back at Hannah as your eyes was growing misty. "Hanging there.I'm here,okay"

"Let me go".Hannah flashed you a small smile.

"Are you crazy! No!".Your tears couldn't stopped falling.

Hannah closed her eyes. She hates when she see a tear of drop in your eyes. "I'm sorry Minchae... I love you"

That was her last words before she let go of your grip.

"NO!!!". You looked over her dead body with wide eyes.

End of flashback

☾☾☾

After the incident, rumours began to spread saying that you pushed Hannah off the building. You never bother to explain your side, they will continue to accuse you anyways. After all, Bona poisoned their mind.

The memories were closing in as you closed your eyes. A huge gush of wind blew the air around your face,birds flitted from tree to tree, chirping at each other, shifting the entire atmosphere into a pleasant peace.

"Kim Minchae?". You fluttered your eyes opened and faced a man figure.

Confused, you frowned at him. " Sorry, do I know you?"

He chuckled. "Yes, you do. Don't you remember?"

You kept your eyes on him,observing his face. Oval shaped face, sharp jawline, full lips and a fit body.

Hmmm, attractive.

The good looking guy flashed you a smile. He has such a beautiful smile too. Plus, with his cute eyes that disappeared when he smile. Cute!

Hold on, those eyes.

You focused on his eyes which were darting back and fourth,shinning in the sunlight. They were a deep, earthy brown- the color of the earth after torrential rain.

Those dark brown eyes. The bus. The mask. The wallet. As you combined everything, now it made sense. That thief!

"Thief!"

☾☾☾