Who's that boy?

"Okay, darlings. Last suggestions..."

"Maybe...Rockers?" Mike suggested.

"What is this? A school rock band. It's too simple, a kid would find a name like this."

Roger and Brian agreed with Freddie.

"I have an idea. 'Stone Cold Crazy'"

"Freddie, what if we decide to do other than Rock, someday? This is a very metaly, a heavy name..."

"You're right Brian, dear..."

They thought for a second.
Freddie gasped with excitement.

"Queen! It's the pefrect name. Queen!"

"Queen?" Roger asked.

"Darling, look. It's far from simple and it fits every genre of music! We can show our authority with this!"

"But, why Queen and not King? We're all boys he-"

"Group decision. Who says Queen?"
Freddie interrupted.

Roger, Brian and Freddie raised their hands.

"3 to 1. You lose." Freddie turned to Mike.

"Okay, fine." Mike said in response.

///////

"Freddie, can we talk a little bit?"

"Of course Brian."

He pulled Freddie to a corner.

"Please don't get me wrong but I feel like you're too close to Roger. I'm not saying don't be friends with him. It's just physical. I hope you understand..."

Freddie stopped for a second before answering.

"So, you label me as 'boyfriend stealer' and expect me to be calm?! Brian, are you dumb?!"

Well, that was the reaction Brian expected. Instead, he got a reaction like this:

"Brian...I'm sorry dear. I wasn't aware. I totally understand you." He hugged Brian.
"I won't do it again...I promise."

This time Brian hugged him.
"Thank you for your understanding."

          A year later(February, 1971)...

Well, it didn't really work out with Mike. He didn't do anything bad in the name of the group. It was just that the styles didn't really match. So, Mike and the band parted ways and they started to look for another bass player. They sat up an audition day, sat on the chairs and started waiting. People started coming inside, auditioning and going outside with hope. A few people passed. After the 6th one Freddie turned to the boys.

"Well, I take my word back. It's hard to find a bass player."

"Yeah, if their personality is good, thay can't play. But if they can play, their personality is shit!"

"I agree, Roger." Brian said.

"Next!" Freddie shouted.

A boy with long, brown hair came in the room. He was holding the bass and smiling. But he was clearly nervous. The bass was shaking a little because of the shaky hands.

"Hello!" Freddie said.

"Hi." The boy replied, waving his hand. He was pretty shy.

"Tell a little about yourself."

"I-I'm John Richard Deacon. I'm 19-"

"You're 19!" Freddie shouted. Then he turned to the boys.
"Oh boy. He's amateur." He said quietly. Brian shushed him.

"Yes. But I'm going to be 20 in a few months. On August, 19. I started college this year"

"What are you studying?" Brian asked.

"Electrical Engineering."

"Good subject." Roger said.

"Thank you.."

"Let's see how you play..." Freddie said impatiently. He was getting bored.

John placed his hands on the bass, took a deep breath and started to play a riff with total concentration, keeping his focus on the riff and only on the riff.  When it finished, he was happy about how it worked.

"Okay. Leave your number here in case we call you."

John got near the table and wrote his name on the paper. Next to the name, he wrote his phone number.

"Thank you for coming." Brian said and John replied with a thankful nod of the head before walking out.

A few people after John auditioned and it was finally the time to decide. They went to Brian and Roger's flat and sat on the couch. They crossed out the names they didn't want to work with and there were two names left.
John and another guy.

"Let's get Deacon! He's cute!" Freddie said.

"Cuteness should be in the second place, Freddie. How he played is more important."

"Haven't you seen how he played, Brian! He didn't miss a single note! It was perfect! He wasn't amateur. Also, his personality is amazing. He's the one who could level our egos. He's shy and young and-"

"Okay, Freddie." Roger interrupted him.
"I mean he really did a pretty good job, I must say..." He continued.

"Is it Deacon then?.." Brian asked.

Both Roger and Freddie said "Yes." at the same time.

"Okay then. Let's call him. I hope he's home by now."

They called him.
///
"Hello?"

"Hello, John. I'm Brian from Queen..."

"Oh, hi!"

"We called you to inform you whether you got the part or not."

"Okay. I'm listening."

"You.......got it!" Brian exclaimed, getting out of the serious tone he was talking to his new colleague.
Roger started cheering and Freddie shouted "Congragulations dear!"

John was shocked and very happy.
"Oh God! Thank you!!!"

"We're going to work together from now on. Goodbye, bassist of Queen."

"Bye! Thank you!"

They ended the call.

GOD, OUR SMOL BEAN IS FINALLY HEREEEEE

DeakysYeehawVibes are you satisfied lovie😂😂😂

I ❤️ y'all sm.

Don't forget to comment, vote and follow!

...Please...

Cheers folks! xxx
-Bri