Chapter 15

"I want to say something... But at the same time I don't want to make her look bad..." Taiki says to Tanukichi. The sun shines bright and early, and Taiki has just managed to escape Anna's sight. "Imagine what would happen if word got out that Anna was a crazed maniac, she'd be ruined forever..."

"I guess you don't really have much a choice, but to withstand it all." Tanukichi says.

"Sometimes I hate you so much." Taiki mumbles before he walks off. "Well, at least Anna has her right mind. She can still act professionally as president of the student council and around her mother, even with me right next to her, so that's a good thing."

"Mr. Kuroda!" Anna calls out, interrupting Taiki's train of thought. "My mother's here."

"Ah, for the signatures?" Taiki asks. "You debriefed it last time."

"I did, follow me." Anna replies as Taiki makes sure his staff is still on him, using it like a cane. When the two finally head outside, Anna's mother, as well as a majority of the decency police, are waiting, ready for students to sign.

"Mrs. Nishikinomiya." Taiki says. "It's a nice day outside isn't it?"

"A perfect day for people to sign the bill." Mrs. Nishikinomiya replies. "I see you're doing a lot better than before."

"It'll take more than a few stalkers to put me out of commission." Taiki chuckles, but then he, Anna and her mother notice something off- there's no students! "Huh? Why's nobody here?"

"That puzzles me too." Anna says, cocking her head to one side. "I mean at least we have yours, so we don't have to worry about you."

"True but we still have to worry about everyone else... Did they even come?" Anna's mother asks.

"Everyone reported as here..." A decency officer says. "According to the head count."

"They couldn't possibly!" Taiki says in realization.

"They did!" Anna's mother says, also realizing what's going on.

"What is it?" Anna asks.

"Yatsuga forest... I thought officers already sectioned it off!" Anna's mother shouts.

"Unless SOX has somehow broken through!" Taiki says.

"I'll go check it out." Anna says, but Taiki quickly puts a hand on her shoulder.

"You mustn't. You have a reputation to hold up. I'll check it out." Taiki says.

"Good luck. Bring Blue Snow's head if you can find her." Anna's mother says as Taiki rushes off to Yatsuga forest. There he finds multiple decency officers and they all look confused.

"What's going on? I'm here on Mrs. Nishikinomiya's orders." Taiki asks.

"A bunch of students rushed in and distracted us long enough for them to break through." One of the officers replies. "They're somewhere in there."

"Did you see any sign of Blue Snow?" Taiki asks, but the officers shake their heads. "It's alright, I'll go check it out." He says as he scales a tree and starts jumping from branch to branch. "She has to be here somewhere..." Taiki mumbles as he receives a call from Anna.

"Did you find her yet?" Anna asks.

"She may be in the trees for all I know. I'm scouting out the area right now, so if I don't respond, I've most likely found her." Taiki replies before he hangs up, and just as he's about to head back down, he spots Blue Snow and an accomplice. "Found them." Taiki chuckles as he messages Anna and her mother about his findings before going in. "Hey you!"

"Uh oh!" Blue Snow shouts as she and her accomplice look to him.

"So, you're the one that managed to lead all of the students here?" Taiki asks. "It's nice to finally meet you in person." He adds, spinning his staff around.

"This isn't good... At all..." Blue Snow's accomplice mutters.

"Now to haul you in!" Taiki shouts as he slams his staff on the branch they're standing on, breaking it off!