Chapter 24

Taiki left a few hours later, sticking with his word, and once he made it home he caught up on any schoolwork that he may have missed before turning over for the night. The next morning however, Taiki woke up to something odd. As soon as his eyes opened, his eyes immediately picked out Anna, who was standing outside the door and in the process of delicately cutting the top off a carrot with a kitchen knife.

"Good morning!" Anna says cheerily.

"Anna?" Taiki asks. "What are you doing in my house? I know I locked everything before I went to sleep."

"I may... Or may not have picked the lock to your door." Anna replies sheepishly. "Anyways I got a little caught up and made something for you to eat."

"Oh, thanks- there's no love nectar in it... Is there?" Taiki asks warily.

"I wouldn't dare add any, not after how I saw you react last time." Anna replies.

"At least you remember and learned from that." Taiki chuckles as he changes into his uniform and heads to the kitchen to see what Anna cooked for him. The carrot that she was cutting earlier is quickly peeled and chopped before getting thrown into a pot, but there's already a plate with food on the table. "Thanks Anna, I had a feeling I was gonna wake up late today."

"Oh it's alright, go ahead and eat." Anna replies chirpily. "Have you heard about our new prefect?"

"Oboro Tsukimigusa am I right?" Taiki asks.

"Yep. I have to pick her up in a little bit." Anna replies. "But I'll join you at the table." She says as gets a plate for herself and joins Taiki at the table. Anna in question has whipped up some rice with carrots, various legumes and eggs.

"Mmm, this is so good." Taiki chuckles. "Do you cook a lot?"

"I cook quite often." Anna replies. "I'm glad you enjoy it." Not even a minute passes before the two finish eating and Taiki puts a lid on the pot to save it for another time. "I also went a little above and beyond and had a bento ready."

"Do you do this for other council members?" Taiki asks.

"Nope, just you Mr. Kuroda." Anna replies, booping Taiki on the nose, making both of them laugh. When everything is all set Anna leads Taiki to the monorail station where they get to a different stop and a girl in a unique uniform gets on, heading towards Anna. She has long, straightened black hair and black eyes, and she has a yellow armband denoting her prefect status. She wears a white jacket as opposed to Anna and Taiki's dark gray, and her skirt is a light gray.

"I assume you're Ms. Tsukimigusa?" Taiki asks.

"I am. And you are?" Oboro asks back.

"Kuroda. Taiki Kuroda." Taiki replies as the two shake hands.

"What might that be on you?" Oboro asks, pointing out Taiki's baton.

"I am an enforcer at Tokioka, and if things get unruly, the president here has authorized me to utilize this." Taiki replies as the now group of three get off at their stop and head to Tokioka where the student council meets up.

"Mr. Kuroda and Ms. Nishikinomiya have already been introduced to me, but I am Oboro Tsukimigusa. I've been sent here on the president's orders to eradicate any and all that is lewd. I look forward to my post as academy prefect." Oboro says.

"Speaking of, you're going to need a new uniform Taiki." Anna says, looking at Taiki.

"Oh is he going to be a prefect as well?" Tanukichi asks.

"Well his position as enforcer was basically an unofficial prefect position. Now that we have an actual prefect, he may as well join her." Anna replies. A few minutes pass as Taiki gets his new uniform and changes into it, and when he emerges, he seems like a totally different person. The uniform is completely white with some gray areas to go with Oboro's white and gray color scheme and his baton remains at his side, ready to be used if necessary.

"Now to begin my mission." Oboro says.