Joe Mama

As I approached the old, rusty gates of the graveyard, the monochromatic cemetery came into view; it was as if the cemetery lost all color.

    I took a deep breath to calm down my nerves and wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans before I entered the graveyard. A few steps in, the most fog blurred my vision. It was so foggy that I could not see within a couple of feet in front of me.

    I continued to walk through the cemetery until this ear piercing scream echoed through the air. Without a moment of hesitation, I turned around and sprinted towards the exit. As I was running, I tripped over a stump and got a mouthful of bitter tasting dirt. I immediately spat out the disgusting dirt and turned to take in my surroundings.

    I realized that I landed on top of a grave. The words engraved into the tombstone read "Here lies Joe Mama." The name sounded familiar to me, but I could not remeber where u heard it from. I removed myself from the grave and apologized for disturbing "Joe Mama's" silent and peaceful rest.

    After this, I dusted off my jeans with my hands and continued to walk towards the exit. I completely forgot about the scream since I was so concentrated on thinking whi joe Mama could be. I soon gave up as I reached the exit grabbing the cold, rusty gate, never looking back at the spookiness behind me.