Chapter 5

Jasper's point of view

We ran away leaving everything behind. Charlotte and Peter, another pair came with us because I was supposed to kill Charlotte but I got preoccupied. I'm friends with Peter because he helped me occasionally train the newborns. We are thinking of heading to a secluded area just outside of Texas. Lily is still a newborn so she can't be around people as much, but she has good self control for a newborn. She still does feed on humans but still isn't as wild as any other newborn.

Peter's point of view

I decided to run away with Jasper and his mate Lily. I don't want my mate Charlotte to have to live in that type of environment any more. Jasper is an okay guy, he isn't a bother to me. Charlotte on the other hand doesn't like him that much, she thinks he is mean. She like Lily for her personality. Lily is a nice girl, she ain't a soiled dove like some of the other girls in the last coven.

Lily's point of view

I feel free now that Maria is out of our lives things will be easier. Well at least I hope so.

"Jasper can we get something to eat? I'm thirsty" I said clutching my throat.

I have not hunted in a week and its starting to get unbearable.

"Yes we can stop in the nearest town to drain a human or 2" he said soothingly.

Jasper then yelled to Peter and Charlotte what the plan was and they agreed. They hadn't hunted in a while too.

"I know you know this, but I have to say I love you Jasper" I said stopping to look into his dark red eyes.

I don't care if my throat was on fire, thinking of Jasper makes it feel slightly better. I could feel the love radiating off of him. I bet he can feel the love that I'm sending out to him as well.

"I love you too Lily" he said meeting me with a warm smile.

We continued running until we got to the town and drained some humans.