Chapter 3

Jasper's point of view

I walk over to Lily and I am as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I need to control my emotions or else it would seem suspicious that everyone is nervous for no reason. If Maria thinks that she will hurt my Lily she has another thing coming. I'm going to tell Lily that she is my mate. I know she knows it too.

"Lily do you want to come hunt with me?" I asked.

"Yes sir I would" she replied.

We went out to the nearest town to find some unlucky humans that were in the wrong place at the wrong time. After we had drained a couple humans each she asked me why I asked her to hunt with me alone.

" Well I have something to tell you" I said.

"You are my mate Lily, I love you and want to be with you, I know you feel it too", I said smoothly.

"Well I do want to be with you, but what about the army? Maria? I know I can beat her, but what if I some how slip up and lose?" She questioned worriedly.

"Don't worry Lily, I will never let any harm come your way" I said pulling her into a comforting hug.

We went back to the barn and acted like nothing happened. Maria was out anyways so she doesn't know that I was gone. Lucy was here to watch the other newborns. Nettie went out hunting since she hasn't in a week. Last time all we did was create newborns. That was when she created Lily, my love, my future and forever.

Maria's point of view

I need to go hunt or else I am going to have to create more newborns because I am angry enough to kill half of them! I know that Lily was Jasper's mate because I can see the way she looks at him. Jasper had the nerve of asking me to let her and him go! He is one of the only reasons that this army is under control. The newborns are wild and with his power he can control them enough to make they listen to me and him. I will kill her even with her ability. I will make sure she burns to ash!