Family Matters

I'm looking at Brent as he instantly turns into Bones right before my eyes. He has his gun pulled out at Roylo who's standing there heavy breathing and sweating bullets. Roylo is about 5'4, has curly brown hair, and a scar on the left side of his face from his ear to his nose. Im imagining that whoever did that to him felt he deserved that shit and I can see why. Roylo seemed like the rat type, he would do any and everything he could to betray someone. From the look on Brents face I could tell he was hurt and pissed the fuck off. I look over at the desk in front of me and there he stood, Delvino.

From what Brent told me his dad was a big to do guy in Hollywood and in the streets. He was a creative genius in film and television but in the streets that type of creativity can be fearful and dangerous. His dads salt and pepper hair set so perfectly on top of his head. He still had a full head of hair, he had piercing blue eyes, and a deep set dimple in his chin. He wore a pinky ring on his right hand and a wedding ring on the left, there was a Rolex on his left wrist sitting there snugged. He didn't seem nervous or anxious his piercing blue eyes have wrinkles around them that are relaxed as he stares at Brent and Roylo.

"Brent." His dad says in a calm voice.

"Relax now, put it down son make the right decisions in this moment."

I watch as Brent stops being Bones when his father speaks to him. His father never raised his voice or even put any extra bass in it. I watch Brent walk back a few steps never putting his gun away and never taking his eyes off Roylo. I can tell he was ready to put a bullet in his head and I wasn't going to second guess it. I mean this man almost killed him and then sent his own friend to do it, it obviously was a set up but nobody knew why. Brent kept telling me nobody but his father and Roylo knew where he lived but he didn't think his own father would set him up. He knew his dad was a lot of things, but that was basically his best friend he trusted him.

Delvino gets up from behind his desk and he's walking with a cane. Its a very expensive cane, it's like a black mirrored material with a gold handle on it. He has this symbol engraved on the handle of the cane. It was a upside down question mark with a sword through it. I never seen anything like it before, I was drawn to it like my soul was being stolen. I was brought out of my trance when my hearing focused in on the tap of his cane. I looked back up towards Delvino and there he was, and I could see where Brent got his looks from. He has a slight limp but nothing that rendered him from moving around. He walks up to me and he smiles as he reaches for my hand. I kindly oblige and he takes my hand in his gently yet firm. I stare into his blue eyes and they're so fucking captivating I can't stand it. I can understand how easily it would be for Delvino to manipulate a situation.

"Im sorry we had to meet like this, this was supposed to be a pleasant experience. Roylo kind of dropped in and I wish you didn't have to see this side of me. I want to apologize in advance because this isn't just a family matter anymore its business as well. What's your name darling."

I'm a little stunned at his demeanor it's so soothing and reassuring. I still can't help but to suspect if this is all just a test and nothing will actually come of this. Maybe it's something to test my loyalty to Brent. I begin thinking like maybe it's some sort of initiation and I hope I don't get my ass beat by a group of grown ass men.

"My name is Golden, but call me Den." I say with a small smile.

"Well Golden, your such a beautiful young lady and I also hear you can handle a gun pretty damn well. Once we've finished up here I want to talk to you about something I think you'll be in favor of."

I nod my head and say thank you. I wasn't sure what the fuck was about to happen but I damn sure was ready to find the fuck out. Brent and his dad are now standing side by side as they look at Roylo who they obviously tower over in height.