Gold Medal

I sat on the side of the desk as my dad stitched me up from getting grazed in the arm. Roylo was sitting tied to a chair so his snake ass couldn't run off no where. Den was walking through my dads office just looking at the bodies laying there covered in piles of blood. I had made a phone call to Maru to come have their bodies dumped and my dads office cleaned up. I couldn't believe this motherfucker really tried to set us up and to think we considered him family. I'm really pissed off and if something would've happened to my dad or Den I swear my whole clip would've been let off in his fucking body.

"Son ?"

"Huh", I say as my dad brings me back into reality.

"Where'd you find her ?" He says looking over at Den with intrigue in his eyes.

"She was at an audition for a movie I was scouting around and that's when I saw her. We instantly connected we've been together ever since." I say to him with a small smile as I look over at her and we make eye contact.

"I like her." He says and I can tell he means it.

After my dad finishes my arm I walk over to Den placing my hand on the small of her back. I watch her as she stares out the window, her eyes just wandering and not focusing on anything in particular.

"You okay baby ?" I ask her hoping she isn't regretting being with me. I mean who am I to think she wants this life. Just to be with me ? She's worth way more than this and I don't want her getting caught up in this life. Regardless of my dad making her apart of the family ' I would let her walk away in a hearbeat.

"I'm fine." She says without looking my way.

"I thought I fucking lost you, for some reason I felt my entire world shatter when you said you were hit. I hated how that felt, but I didn't give a fuck about myself. I only thought about saving you, I just wanted you to be okay even if it meant me losing myself while saving you."  She said.

I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her body, laying my chin on her shoulder. The smell of her perfume managed to creep through and tickle my nose. I kissed her neck softly and inhaled this moment hoping it would last forever.

"I love you." I say in her ear only low enough for her to hear. She says it back to me in the same low tone like we're sharing a secret between just the 2 of us. I never felt this way about any other chicks I been with. Den was becoming the love of my life.

I look over at Roylo who's moving around in the chair like a little bitch. Looking at him causes my blood to boil, I just want to kill him. I know I shouldn't think like this but he was family, he was the closest thing to family I had. I knew he was mad I was following behind my dad but shit he acted like he wasn't out here moving big weight in the streets. Did he want the fame ? Did he want me and my dad dead ? Which one of us was collateral ? My head keeps spinning around each and every thought I could even fathom. The more I kept thinking the more pissed off I was. The more I wanted to chop his rat ass up into a million little pieces and send pieces of him to anybody he ever wronged. Roylo is a dog but this I never expected.

"Baby ?"

"Huh" I answer Den as she breaks me from my 100th way of how I was going to kill him.

"Where's Esme ?"

My heart sinks as the last thing I remember was her yelling. I was so hoping they didn't kill her because I can't deal with that right now. I start walking over the bodies and go through the house calling her name.

Esme ! Esme ! Where you at ?

I checked every place in the house except the kitchen, I look down and see little drops of blood leading into it. My heart starts pounding more and more as I get closer to the island in the kitchen. I hear some small whispers coming from inside the pantry.