2; The Three Witches

(Calvin)

Someone was shaking me awake. "Five more minutes," I mumbled sleepily. "It can't wait!" whisper-shouted a small gentle voice about two inches away from my left ear. I recognized that voice. "Charles-Wallace?" I muttered sleepily, opening my eyes. There stood Charles-Wallace Murray, with his white-blond hair, blue eyes, and usual soft smile nowhere in sight. He looked worried. "What's wrong?" I asked, sitting up. When Charles-Wallace is worried, it's never good. "What's up?" I repeated, standing up and starting to change out of my pajamas. "Camazotz," Charles-Wallace said, handing me a jacket to put on over my t-shirt. "Wait, what?!"

(N/A)

Five minutes later, Charles-Wallace raced out of 27 Rosebud Boulevard, Calvin on his heels. Calvin saw the three witches, Mrs. Which, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Whatsit, Meg, with her curly dark hair, glasses, and brown eyes, and a boy. He was tall and slender, with shaggy sandy-blond hair, freckles splattered across his nose and cheeks, and electric-blue eyes. When the two boys drew level with the group, the mysterious boy stepped forward. "You're Calvin?" he asked, looking worried. "Yeah," Calvin said, exchanging a look with Meg. "I'm Percy," the boy said, "I know where your sister is." "You do?!" Calvin exclaimed. "Then, what are we waiting for?! Let's go!"