Prologue

The shadows twisted and formed the outline of a body. The smell of a distant fire drifted through the dark and heavy air.

“All set. No one suspects a thing. The Shadow Users can handle the chosen ones.” a young, smooth voice murmured.

“Good. These humans are getting too rebellious. We can't lose yet.” This time, it was a gravely voice, elderly and aged, that answered.

“Yes, sir. I understand.”

The old man sat back in his throne as the Shadow User vanished. He was left with an empty feeling, almost like he was disappointed in something or someone. Maybe it was because these young Elements were all taking over. He knew he was the last of his kind. Not many of the Four Great Elements still existed. He was the last Fire User alive.

The man thought deeply. He had to do something about that. He had to find a suitable child to take on the role of a Fire User.

The locket he carried held all the secrets and powers of the Element Users and the one who took on his role would gain possession of it. It had to be someone who was strong, smart and powerful. They would have to be a direct descendent of him.

The man closed his eyes. It had been a while since he had fallen in love. The last one had turned her back on him in fear when she found out he was one of the Four Great Element Users.

He'd loved her too much. That had been his mistake. He'd begged her to stay with him. Told her that he'd do anything for her.

The memory was painful. He couldn't think about it. Although... His spouse did have his child before she left. A beautiful baby girl.

The man smiled to himself. The next Fire User would be given power soon, but first, he had some other business to settle.

His former lover, would have to die.