Lord governor's "Little one"

Everyone is bustling in the house, after all it's time for the lord governor to leave for his office. "Di, have you checked his breakfast and lunch that I have kept on the table?" Kushi asked Anjali as she prepared his juice which he preferred with his breakfast.

"Yes Kushiji, I have checked everything and it's perfect you don't have to worry" Anjali replied with her ever-calming voice. This made Kushi relax a bit as she set his juice and his diabetic tablets on the table and started chatting with Anjali. After a few minutes their chat was interrupted by the sound of someone strolling through the hall into the dining space and alerted them to the arrival of THE lord governor who is clad in his business suit, his look emitting the perfect combo of power and control.

"Good morning Di" Arnav wished his sister giving a warm smile and turned to his wife and gave a look of love and adoration, which Kushi reciprocated with a wide smile.

"Good morning Chote" Anjali greeted him back with a smile. "Did Prakash uncle inform you when he is coming here; it's been a long time since we've seen him." Anjali asked him while Kushi arranged his breakfast.

"I think he will confirm his arrival by today Di, and once I get the information, I will let you know, don't worry." He replied while having his breakfast.

Their conversation was cut short by a commotion outside the hall followed by a giggle and a voice calling out "Iron Man, help me!" followed by another round of giggles. All looked at the source and there she came running in her cute frock following her was their mini version of lord governor. She came towards Arnav and jumped into his waiting arms.

"Hey shortcake, you're up so early, had a good sleep?" He asked her pulling her cheeks and she kissed his cheeks in return.

"Yes, Iron Man, I did have a good sleep" she chirped.

"Oh really, and may I ask why you and Aarav are running around the house like this, you know that still two of them are sleeping and you should not disturb them." he looked between both Aarav and his shortcake as he said that so they wouldn't cause havoc at least until the others wake up. They both nodded their heads at him.

He kissed her cheek and called out to Kushi "Take care of these both so they don't bother her and I'm going to check on my little one before leaving. Call me if you need anything, alright." he said to Kushi looking at her with the softest expression on his face which he reserved only to specified people in his life.

"I'll take care of her and these both, you can go ahead." Kushi assured him.

"Bye Di!" he said and kissed her cheek and rushed upstairs to check on his little one.

He opened the door slowly as he doesn't want to wake her from her sleep and peeped inside. The sight before him made his lips twitch into a warm smile. His Little one had her eyes closed a small smile on her lips and her hands resting protectively on her 5 months baby bump she looked every inch an angel as his shortcake used to call her.

She stirred in the bed and squinted her eyes open and gave a huge smile to Arnav "Good morning bhai!" she said and tried to get up and our lord governor rushed towards her to make her sit down properly.

"Careful little one, it's not just you anymore there's another life inside you" he reprimanded her softly.

"I'm good bhai, it seems you're about to leave for work, leaving me alone" she said with a cute pout and he just pulled her cheeks seeing her childish behaviour.

It took a lot of time to break through her shell but they succeeded in it, what with Kushi being more energetic than the whole house combined, his Di being kind and soft and others being supportive and patient with her, but it came as a shock when he was the one, she first opened up to and felt comfortable with. Not that it was an impossible feat but a quite difficult one, as he is not an easy person to crack neither is he approachable for anyone except for his family, but once you won over him it was easy to see his soft side and being on the receiving end of his affection. But despite all this fact he had instantly felt himself warming up to his little one, maybe because of the circumstance they found her or the way she struggled valiantly through all the things that life seemed to throw at her or the way she still braved all her pain alone in order not to cause them anymore trouble or she trusted them enough to let her walls down around them and let them take care of her the same way she cared for his family, or the way her heart decided to give them the privilege of pampering the childish side of her, as it seemed she had not had the childhood she deserved but he know her selflessness and the pure love she showed the child they found with her despite it not being hers and the child's attachment with her was what made everyone including him want to protect her.