Lord governor's Vow

Dhruv was the first one to recover from his shock "Listen Miss, you've met with an accident and now you are in the hospital in Delhi, I know this must be very disorienting to you, but please clam down and tell us how you feel." Dhruv spoke in his calm manner which he adapted to keep the patients calm.

Though Avni lost her memory her calm, collected and brave personality did not leave her, she willed herself to maintain her composure and analysed how she felt. "I.... I feel tired my.... head it's aching a bit.... and I..... I can't remember anything.... even my....na....name..." She replied though she tried to hide it, panic seeped through her voice as she realised that she could not remember her name.

"Calm down ma'am, you have to be relaxed otherwise your condition could get worse." Dhruv tried to pacify her but even he knows that it was impossible to be relaxed in her state.

The way she struggled to calm and control herself made Arnav admire her bravery. "Your name is Avni, I really don't know where you are from and who is your family, but I can assure you that no harm will come to you, we will first see to your health and once you have recovered, I will help you to search for your family, and if someone come searching for you before that, and only after I'm sure that you are not in any danger we will hand you over to whoever it was searching for you, but for the mean time you can stay with me and my family, we will take care of you, you'll be given the identity as my sister, you'll belong to my family until someone comes for you and don't worry, me and my wife will take good care of you and the child who was with you." Arnav spoke this time ignoring Dhruv who's warning him with his eyes and hesitantly lifted his hand to caress Avni's hair softly. She doesn't flinch from his touch as he expected but calmed down immediately, so he decided to care for this girl who seemed so young but was mature in many other aspects.

Avni doesn't know what to do, she can't remember anything, who's she? where's she from? who her family members are? were they searching for her? how she met with an accident and who's the child he mentioned? was it hers? is she married? were the questions running through her head, but strangely she felt safe with Arnav, though she doesn't know who he is, something in her told that she could trust him and she did. Though she's trying to wrap her head around what's happening she didn't show her struggle to others as she never does that. And she also does not want to bother this man who looked stern on the outside, his words seemed genuine and firm. "I really appreciate your kindness, but I really do not want to be any bother for you and your family, and thank you for saving my life and the child's" was her reply.

Though Arnav admired her bravery he did not have the heart to abandon her just like that, even before he married Kushi he could not turn a blind eye to someone's suffering but now he learned to help others more openly without any reservations, his Kushi taught him to do so. So he had a sympathetic smile and said to her, "Believe me when I say that you are not a bother and also I can understand why you don't want my help, I'm just a stranger, but I can't leave you like that, if not for you think about that child, you don't have your identity nor does that child know anything, every time we tried to ask something she panicked, so I don't think it is possible for you to find your family, just wait until your health is good, then we can see what we can do, if you want I can ask my wife and Di to bring that kid Mishti to you, you can talk with her and decide on the course of action, how about it?"

She just nodded her head when the doctor had asked if he could proceed with the examination before the talk she agreed. And after the basic examination on her BP and other things they brought Mishti to the hospital who launched herself at Avni when she realised her Angel was safe and awake, "Angel! Are you okay? You did not wake up; I was afraid that sir will come and take us back but then this Aunty and un.... Uncle came and took us here." They girl cried in her arms. Avni could not comprehend who this child was, but she could see and feel the attachment the child had on her also she gathered that someone or something has the girl frightened. "Don't worry Mishti, I'm alright, see I'm good, but I want you to recall and tell me what happened if you could, but there's no pressure, if you don't want you don't have to, okay?" Avni asked Mishti calmly and everyone in the room waited with batted breath for the girl to speak.