Chapter 3

The next day after spending a morning with Brian laying in bed and then having breakfast which he made, I went to the shop to put most the finishing touches on his car, so it could be test driven tomorrow. Placing on the stickers perfectly, I smiled satisfied at the amazing machine we'd made. After we'd finished Brian's car and fitted it with NOS we all worked on our own cars. Placing a new NOS in mine, I sighed finished for the day. 

"Hey, how was last night?" Mia asked me with a smirk as we drove to the shops. 

"Amazing." I told her with a smile.

"Did you guys--?" she started making me blush and hit her arm.

"Mia." I whined.

"You totally did!" she smirks leaning back in her seat.

"So what. We're both grown ups. We can make our own decisions."

"Be careful though. I don't want to see you heartbroken again."

"Mia." I said sternly. "I'm fine. As you said, Brian is nothing like Johnny."

*****

The next day Dom and Brian took the car for a test drive to the beach leaving me and rest of the team and Mia to get everything ready for Race Wars tomorrow. "Are you racing tomorrow?" Mia asked me as we cleaned my car.

"Of course, I am. When have I not?" I say making us laugh.

"Just be careful." she says pulling me into a hug.

"Always." I say looking my pinkie finger with hers. Ever since I started racing at 14 we had a pinkie pact. No one other than us knew what it was except us two. It was a promise that we would always come back to each other and be there for each other during the good times and the bad.

*****

That night I was over Brians having dinner. "So what are we having?" I asked leaning on the counter pouring us a glass of red wine. Because it was just us hanging out and having a chill night I was wearing a white Calvin Klein bralette and grey joggers while Brian wore grey joggers and a black top. 

"Spaghetti and meatballs

"Spaghetti and meatballs." he said with a smirk turning to look at me while drinking his Corona. 

"Mmmm. My favourite." I said walking around the counter and resting my head on his back while he stirred the sauce. 

"This is nice." I told him as we sat on the sofa watching a movie after we'd eaten. 

"Yeah." he said kissing my head and pulling me in closer. 

~ Brian's POV ~

When Rose said that us being here together in this moment together was nice, I felt my heart break at the fact that soon she'd want nothing to do with me. Soon, I'd be her families down fall.