Morning Council part III

Allen didn't know what kind of sixth sense Komui had to know what would happen once he wished him luck and left him on the stairs. In the back of his mind he wished that six sense would stop him from making destructive murderbots. He would have thought that was funny if he wasn't currently sat on the step trying his hardest to yank every white hair from his head. He needed to sort out his thoughts before he confronted the problem waiting for him at the dock.
'Yu.'
Right he was going to have to get past him without hinting at too much but still hinting just enough. He sighed and slumped to lay back against the stairs, the past few months had been going so great too, from keeping under the Vatican's radar, to Kanda, to-honestly just to Kanda. He had gone so long depending on no one but himself that waking everyday to Kanda barging into his room to demand attention still felt like a fever dream. All of it had seemed years away in a future he would never live to see, Something he didn't think he would ever have, not after Mana. The thought burned through his mind, sitting back up he pulled his scarf out of the bag and held it in his hands, "stop it, Allen." Why did this always have to happen to him? In what life did he sin so horribly to deserve this? Shoving that thought back under years of numbing grief and denial he focused back on the problem at hand, and that was that maybe he hadn't just been paranoid after all. Kind of pointless now, he could kick himself for that.

He sat there until his panic had turned to anger then slowly fade into tired acceptance. It was the usual cycle for him. Fear, block it with anger and then accept that this what fate decided and there was no avoiding it. He'd rather feel the tired numbness then constantly feel everything. The anger he thinks he learned working in the circus, made sure that nobody questioned whether he was all bark and no bite and it kept the performers hands off him, most of the time. The numbness came from Mana, if his time with Cross at his most traumatized had taught him anything it was to put up a good front, to mask the hurt. It was the only way to escape the constant reminder of death.

There really was no point in trying to come up with anything now, not when he knew absolutely nothing else. Besides someone was waiting for him.

------------------

Kanda stood with his back to him at the foot of the stairs, he hesitated from stepping down and loosing this opportunity to admire the man just a little longer. The dazed grin that had appeared gazing at him quirked to the side seeing Timcampy spin around Kanda's head. Allen waved to get the golem's attention, pointing down to Kanda once he had it.

Tim sat on Kanda's head and used his tail to smack him a few times on the nose. "Oi, watch it Tim." He didn't stop until Kanda was swatting him off his head.

"Stop treating Tim like a fly, he just wants to be loved." Kanda laughed turning around to pin him with a playful grin.

"And where does he get that from?"

He meant to reply but movement on the water caught his eye and he got distracted. A glance at the boat showed that at least three finders were watching them closely, but the one from before was nowhere in sight.
"Bloody hypocrite," he cussed under his breath. It looked like he was still going to have a bit of an audience saying goodbye to kanda anyway, and despite his unease thought he might as well have fun with it.

He didn't wait for Kanda to speak quickly jumping the rest of the stairs and into his loves waiting arms.
"Yu! Sorry I'm late I got lost again." He laughed and eyed the boats again the finders had deemed that nothing had happened and had turned away. Sighing he closed his eyes and tighten his arms around kanda's neck shoving his nose into his coat collar. The arms holding him tensed, Kanda knew he was weary of something and didn't like the sudden mood swings.

"Is everything-" Kanda stopped but didn't react to the sharp pinch to his back. 'dont ask don't ask don't ask.' Allen chanted in his head, the idea of Kanda being in danger while he wasnt here to have his back frightened him more than the danger to his own. To hell to with second guessing the choices he makes, Kanda's safety would always outweigh his own. He turned his head to whisper against the exposed skin of his neck. 'Don't talk just let me hold you.' Kanda didn't move or even breath for what felt like hours before he tightened his own arms and dropped his head to brush his lips against the others ear. "Ok, Allen, Okay."