waiting

As the night began winding down, you could feel the effects of the alcohol that you'd drank begin to wear off. The music was starting to get too loud, and dancing with strangers was not much fun anymore. The dress you'd put on earlier in the evening was feeling a bit too short, and your heels a bit too tall. You were out with your cast mates, celebrating the wrap of your newest movie, Spider-Man: Far From Home. Being in the movie meant that you instantly had friends; you were always invited to hang out, and there was never a moment that the cast wasn't hanging out together when they weren't filming. Though the night has passed quickly and it was late (or very early?), your friends didn't seem to be fazed. They were still drinking and dancing and talking, as if they could do it all night. You weren't exactly a party person, and you wanted to be done.

Figuring they'd still be a while, you made your way over to an empty booth, collapsing onto the cushioned seat. Though you wanted so badly to take your heels off, you settled for kicking your feet up on the opposite side of the booth. The sudden movement caused your dress to ride up your thigh, but you were quick to pull it back down into place, trying to avoid the glances of all the unknown people around you. Your head tipped back to rest against the booth and you let out a sigh, your eyes fluttering shut. You knew that it probably wasn't the best idea, as you were surrounded by strangers, but you were just so tired. The regret was immediate, however, when someone slid into the booth, moving your feet over so they could sit. Pulling your feet back quickly, your eyes flew open to see who thought they could interrupt your beauty sleep.

Harrison, Tom's best friend, was sitting across from you, a smile clearly tugging at the corner of his lips. Since it was only Harrison, you let your guard down a little, giving him a tired smile of your own. He was a nice guy - you hadn't really talked to him too much, and you didn't know him too well, but you knew he was a loyal friend to Tom, and it seemed like he was always in a good mood, so it was safe to say that you liked the boy. "Just gonna take a nap here, Y/N?" The tone of his voice was teasing as his smile stretched across his face.

Leaning forward to rest your elbows on the table, you nodded and then rested your head in your hands, "Mhm. Seems like the perfect place for that, don't ya think?" Harrison laughed, and you gave him another smile as you shifted to rest your head on only one of your hands. Though you appreciated the company, you were confused as to why he was sitting across from you, and not still partying with the rest of the group. He still had a beer in his hand, and he kept glancing over to where everyone else was gathered. "Not that I mind, but what are you doing over here, Harrison?"

"Saw you over here by yourself, and I didn't think you should be alone," he explained, pausing for a moment to take a sip of his beer, "especially if you thought you were gonna take a nap right here."

You laughed, sitting straight up again and brushing some hair behind your ear, "Well, I appreciate it. But 'm okay, really. You can go back over there."

"Nah, 's alright. Kind of getting tired, myself." His long fingers sifted through his hair before dropping down to the table to pick up his beer again. It was silent for a few moments between the two of you, and you took the opportunity to look Harrison over. He was a pretty boy - there was simply no other way to describe him. His hair was usually pushed up and out of the way, but it was starting to fall down into his face after the long night, and he had the prettiest clear blue eyes and the absolute nicest skin. Though he wasn't wearing them now, he sometimes wore glasses, which you thought only added to his attractiveness. Quite honestly, you had a bit of a crush on the boy. Just because you didn't know him too well didn't mean that you didn't notice him... that you didn't like him.

There were a few more moments of silence as Harrison finished his drink and looked through his phone, and you could feel your eyes getting heavier. The song that was playing ended and switched to a new song, and Harrison took the opportunity to speak up, his gaze lifting to yours, "D'ya wanna head back? 'M not sure how much longer they'll be, and you look like you're gonna fall asleep."