06 | The First Apple

"Candy, she's sweet like candy in my veins

Baby, I'm dying for another taste

And every night my mind is running around her

Thunder's getting louder and louder

Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle

I can't let you go now that I got it

And all I need is to be struck by your electric love

Baby, your electric love

Electric love."

-  Electric Love

BØRNS

[ U N E D I T E D ]

[ U N E D I T E D ]

The sun had begun to set on the chilly Saturday evening. Zea was sitting outside of a small, dainty cafe, sipping on a mug of warm caramel macchiato as she awaited the arrival of her friends. Se had been waiting for an hour now, but it wasn't cause they were late, her friends knew better than to be late when meeting up with her. She was simply early, very early.

Zea prided herself on her timeliness; she was seldom tardy. And on the rare occasion that she was, she would only be late for not more than half-an-hour at her worst and would always call to inform in advance. But it was unusual for her to be this early either.

She didn't plan on leaving the house early, but her mother and aunt were back from their trip. Being women in their 40s, they were sure to invite their friends over to brag about their journey and catch up on the latest neighbourhood gossip. Having a group of middle-aged ladies prodding her about her love life was not how she wanted to spend her afternoon.

Thus, she had locked herself in her room and glammed up her face. She threw a coat over her revealing outfit to avoid the chill of the weather and judgy looks. She quickly left the house, briefly greeting the gossip ladies with waves and polite smiles before kissing her mum and aunt on the cheek.

Now as she waited for her friends at the cafe, she scrolled through apartment listings, trying to find a place that fitted her; modern, posh and quaint.

 It wasn't that she didn't like living with her family of five, the house was well big enough. But she didn't love it either. She had close to zero privacy, the house was very homey, a little more on the traditional side. So not her style.

Eyes concentrated on her phone, Zea didn't see her two good friends approaching. The short blonde dropped her bag on the table with a bang, causing Zea to jump as she sipped her coffee. The other, with her bright blue ombre hair and an all-black outfit, sat next to Zea, giving her a side hug.