Chapter 21

The White House

Enough was enough. When Jackie got upstairs into the Residence, she found Jack in his bedroom. "Hey kid" Jack immediately embraced his wife. She grinned before they passionately kissed. "I missed you too much" Jackie cried slightly embracing her husband again. "As did I" Jack laughed, making Jackie giggle.

He rubbed her stomach. "How is baby Kennedy?" Jack asked. "Oh they're fine. I felt a few bits of movement this morning" Jackie smiled, placing her hand on Jack's. Jackie pecked a kiss from her husband's lips before heading into her room. When she closed the door, she began to choke up. She had to tell Jack about what Ari had said on the phone. 

Except, she didn't like wasting precious time with her husband during his presidency and after nearly losing him in Dallas. She knew what Ari had told her would deeply upset Jack, but she had to tell him. 

Jackie sat on the edge of her bed, and buried her face in the palm of her hands. She sobbed loudly, she expected Jack to hear. He did. He entered quietly and approached his wife. "Jackie?" Jack asked, leaning forward; to see if he could get a glimpse of her face. She sat up, her eyes baggy and red. "Are you okay?" Jack asked. 

Jackie shook her head, miserably. "No" she whispered. When Jack asked what was wrong, she simply replied: "Everything". Jack sat down next to her and wrapped his arm around her. She rested her head on his shoulders, tears dripping and sinking into his shirt. 

"It was Onassis" Jackie sobbed. Jack knew of what Lee had told Jackie earlier. And he knew, it would pile over into something. "What did he say?" Jack asked. He knew the worst would be said. Jackie told him everything. Jack didn't know what to say. He was furious but upset too. He knew that Jackie wouldn't ever leave him for Onassis but seeing her upset made it, all the worse. 

He stood up. "I'm getting on the phone to that bloody tycoon and tell him to get away from my wife. Or there'll be a restraining order coming his way" Jack yelled. Jackie grabbed his wrist. "No you mustn't!" Jackie gasped. She explained at how Ari could spread false rumours, or tell everyone what Jack said to him on the phone. 

Jack agreed. 

He joined Jackie once again and he hugged her tightly. This time he sobbed. Jackie had let go of her grief. It was now Jack's turn.