Chapter 9

Enjoy!

^_^

----------------------------

Morrigan stopped a quarter of the way across the clearing and held her arm out to stop the Monster Hunters.

"Through the fire and the flames we carry on." She sang softly to herself.

A figure stepped out of darkness of the trees and strode towards them. Morrigan felt the Monster Hunters tense up beside her, but she didn't take her eyes off the figure walking towards them.

The figure stopped in the middle of the clearing, under the beam of moonlight.

Without taking her eyes off the figure, Morrigan spoke to Gracious.

"Go get Skulduggery. Now."

He looked at her, turned and walked quickly back towards the hotel.

Morrigan started to walk towards the figure.

"Is this a good idea?" Came Donegan's voice from beside her.

"Absolutely not." She replied.

She stopped a metre or so from the figure.

"I heard you have a name now. Morrigan, I believe?"

Morrigan kept her eyes level with his. "Sebastian."

Sebastian smiled and swept into a deep bow.

Sebastian was tall, broad shoulders, long legs and muscled arms. His dark hair was cut close to his head. His eyes were as dark as his hair. His skin was darkly tanned as though he stood in the sun all day everyday, for a month.

Morrigan clenched her fists. "What are you doing here?"

Sebastian straightened himself up, still smiling. "I heard from my source that you were hunting members of my pack."

"You seem surprised. After what they did to me, you expect me to let that go? Also, Mau is not a source. He's a snitch."

Mau stepped up from behind Sebastian. "Why you..." He went to lunge towards Morrigan.

Donegan put his arm in front of her. Sebastian ordered Mau to stop. Morrigan didn't flinch. Her eyes never left Sebastian's. She knew he wouldn't allow Mau to touch her. Not after what he did.

"I'm here,' Sebastian continued, glaring at Mau,' to bring you home, Morrigan."

Morrigan let out a hollow laugh. "There is no way I'm going with you. Not now, not ever again."

Sebastian's smile dropped, and he replaced it with a stern look.

"Come on, Morrigan. You belong with us. You know you do. You're one of us. You need to come home. We need our Queen."

Morrigan scowled at him. "I was never your queen, Sebastian, and I never will be."

This time Sebastian's look turned sour. He was mad. "If you don't come with me willingly, I will be forced to make you come unwillingly, and it won't be pleasant. I don't think your 'friends' will appreciate the force."

Morrigan narrowed her eyes at him. 

She spoke very slowly, so that he understood she was serious. 

"Sebastian. I. Will. Take. Your. Head."

Just at that moment, Fletcher teleported beside her with Gracious and Dai.

"Need a hand?"

Morrigan glanced at him. "Right on queue. As always."

Sebastian growled and stood back. "If this is how it's going to be..."

He started to walk backwards. Mau grinned.

"You're in for it now." He turned and jogged into the tree line. 

Sebastian stopped between two trees and raised his arms.

"Last chance to reconsider."

"There was nothing to consider in the first place."

Sebastian and shook his head. "Very well." He dropped his arms by his sides. "Bring her to me."

Morrigan heard growls and snarls in the forest. She narrowed her eyes.

"Get ready. He's going to make this the fight of our lives."

Beasts started to emerge from the trees. They surged past Sebastian like he wasn't even there.

This wasn't good. Vampires weren't usually this organised.

Morrigan set her jaw.

The first line of vampires lunged at them. Morrigan took a couple of steps forward and held her arms out straight ahead of her. The vampires hit the shield.

Morrigan jolted, but held on. She gritted her teeth and pushed. The shield grew spikes, and pierced a few of the vampires. She threw out her arms, throwing the vampires into the air.

The Monster Hunters all stepped forward, ready to fight as more vampires came forward.

Morrigan turned to see Skulduggery and everyone else, come out of the hotel and run towards the fight.

She leaped onto a vampire that was trying to attack Fletcher. 

"I don't think so. It's me you're after." She pressed her hands to the back of it's neck and seared it.

She heard gunshots and people yelling.

She rolled off the vampire as it turned and ran at her. She dropped, pulled out a dagger from her boot, and pressed it to the vampires stomach as it ran over her.

Blood, guts and entrails covered Morrigan, but she didn't care. 

She jumped up and looked around.

She saw people using all types of weird magic. 

Streams of light erupted from Vex and Donegan's hands. Morrigan had no idea what that was. She saw Valkyrie using both fire and Necromancy. 

She turned again and saw China trying to defend against two vampires.

Morrigan ran to help her. She jumped over one of the vampires and landed just in front of China. The vampires took a few steps back, baring their fangs at her.

"Yea, that's right. You know exactly who I am, don't you?" She threw her arms out, but instead of her shield, she sent a wall of fire towards them. The vampires turned to ash.

Morrigan turned to China. "We need to stick together, right?"

China smiled and nodded. She pressed a pair of weird tattoos on her arms, and walked casually back into the fight.

Morrigan watched her, shaking her head. How someone could be so calm at a time like this, was beyond her.

Suddenly, there was an arm around her throat.