It started with you

"Do you see that?" He points to the darkened, night sky. Greying clouds crawling. I follow where his finger is pointing.

"Yeah." I lie. Staring up at the different, ever changing puffs like blankets for the stars.

He looks at me, then back at the sky.

"That cloud looks like a turtle."

I nod, putting my hands behind my head.

A grey, puff of a turtle getting ready to weep. Is what he meant. A sad turtle that's trying to run away, but is far to slow. He brings the cigarette to his lips, taking in the cancer, and than blows it out in shape of rings. I take in the suburban houses around us as we both just lay there. On top of his cold, white beat up car. The winter wind shaking the naked trees, making them dance to an invisible rhythm. I fight the urge to cry, as tears prickle against my eyelashes. He takes my small hand into his, flicking away the unfinished cigarette onto the pavement. The urge to cry disappears, i intertwine my fingers with his, not saying anything.

"This is cool." He comments.

I look at him, and he turns his head to me and points to our hands.

"This is cool." He says again. I laugh, and soon we are holding our stomachs and laughing so loud that some old guy has to tell us to shut up. I wipe away tears at the brink of my eyes,

"Yeah, It was cool." Trying to calm myself down.

We look back up at the sky, the soon weeping turtle now disappeared. I look at him again. Taking in the form of his lips, the curve of his nose, and his concentrated hazel eyes fixed upon the clouds.

"Why are you looking at me?" He questions without turning to me. I shrug, not sure what to say.

"I don't know." Is the best thing I can come up with. He licks his lips and closes his eyes, leaving me flustered. I look down the street, at the street lamps shining light on the snow around it. My chest feels warm, but my finger tips cold. I love moments like these though. Book written feeling moments, if that makes sense. Moments that could have been written by an amazing author. I let out a sigh, my breath becoming visible around me. It dances above my head, and then disappears.

I love being silent with someone yet having every word said between us. It makes every thing better, to me.

"Come here." He whispers, almost incoherently. I scoot closer as he pulls off his jacket, wrapping it around me.

"Thanks." I whisper back placing my head on his chest. Hearing his calm, soothing heart beat, I close my eyes.

"If you weren't in school we would go to California." He spoke while running his fingers through my short hair. His voice making his chest vibrate.

"Yeah?" I responded

"Or New York."

"I like New York better."

He chuckles.

"Yeah, me too."

I let out another sigh, wanting to press my lips onto his. His fingers tangle themselves in my hair. A cold breeze blows by us, and we both shiver like grass in July that hasn't been mowed yet.

"I better get you home." He sits up, and so do I.

"No." I mumble underneath my breath, looking down at the peeling white paint on the hood of his car and then up at him.

"What?" He whispers, pulling me in between his legs and holding me.

"Nothing." I don't look at him instead i focus on the falling snowflakes.

"What did you say?" He mumbles into my ear, making me shiver and gain goosebumps.

"I said I don't want to go home."

He cups my tiny face into his rough hands, rubbing his thumb on my left, pinkening cheek. I look into his eyes, those hazel with specks of sun bursting gold eyes. What is he thinking right now? Is his heart racing just as fast as mine? I look down at his lips, those warm, pink, inviting lips.

Kiss me.

He brings his face closer to mine, we close our eyes, and i feel his breath teasing my lips. Than he softly pushes his onto mine, my body tingling. I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. It deepens, i can feel his tongue licking my bottom lip and then brushing against my own. He brings me closer to him, pressing my body against his. He breaks away, leaving trails of kisses on my jawline, and then nibbling on my ear.

"I gotta get you home." He mumbles into my neck, then looks at me, kissing my lips again.

I sigh, but nod in agreement.