Chapter Two

LEODITE

As Leo danced down the hall to the song "Mr. Blue Sky", he spun and bumped right into another goddess who was "close" with him, Stella. She pushed her jet black hair out of her face and looked at him with her bright blue eyes.

"Oh, sorry 'bout that, Stella," he said.

"It's alright, don't worry about it," she said. "Have you seen Evadne?" Leo asked. "I need to... um... give her a small... 'present'..." he said, holding out a bottle of glue. She looked confused and shrugged slightly. "Sorry, can't say I have, but if I do--I'll tell her to run," she said, looking at him while smirking.

Before anything else could happen, Castor's voice rang through the halls. "Leo, there you are, you little turd!" he shouted, running at Leo.

"Welp, gotta go, see ya, Stella, it was great talking to ya!" Leo shouted before sprinting down the hall, Castor zooming by her as he chased him.

As Leo ran down the hall, he looked for a place to hide. He found himself jumping into a large laundry basket. "Really hope these aren't the glue covered underwear..." he muttered. He heard Castor run by and he sighed with relief.

Before he could get out, he heard Ares speaking to someone in a hushed tone. Leo listened into the conversation.

"I don't care if Hephaestus is backed up, I need him to forge weapons for the attack!" Ares hissed.

'Attack'? What would he be attacking? Well, besides me? Leo thought to himself.

"I-I'm sorry, sire... but we can't g-get a hold of him!" the demigod stuttered.

"Well you better... because my father is powerful... and we'll need all the weapons we can get our hands on..." Ares growled.

A moment of silence passed before Ares barked, "What are you waiting for?! Go!"

The demigod ran away, as Ares turned and walked the other way, muttering to himself.

"Oh my Me... is he gonna do what I think he's gonna do? What am I thinking? Of course he's gonna try to take the throne with his dirty glue covered hands!" Leo said while hopping out of the basket.

"I need to tell Athena!" he said taking a few steps, then he stopped and sniffed himself. "After... I change... ugh..." he said, speed walking down the hall.

After a change of clothes, he sped to Athena's room and did the only logical thing, and kicked the door open. "Athena!" he shouted. She wasn't there, and her owl ruffled his feathers in annoyance.

Leo ran up to the bird. "Hey, Booboo, have you seen Athena? Wait, why am I talking to a pigeon?" he asked, looking around. "How am I gonna get her in here-" He then stopped himself, as an idea popped into his head, and an evil grin formed.

He grabbed the owl and pulled out a lighter. "Good thing I keep this on hand to burn embarrassing photos," he muttered.

He turned back to the bird, still grinning and put the lighter to one of it's feathers. "Wonder if you'll taste like chicken..." Leo said, turning the lighter on.

Just then, Athena walked in, her gray eyes widening in fear. "Leo!" she shrieked. "What in Hades are you doing?!" She hurried over and took the owl from his hands, nuzzling her cheek against his feathers.

"Burning your owl into my dinner so you can appear, duh!" he said, putting the lighter away.

Athena looked even angrier than Castor had been. She reached over and slapped him in the face. "Never," she said, her voice low and dangerous, "touch Bubo again."