☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘉𝘶𝘮, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙&𝘉 𝘎𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘩𝘦𝘳

15 𝗠𝗮𝘆 1964

  15 𝗠𝗮𝘆 1964

  Pete Townshend and Danica Whitaker had been listening to records for hours, taking turns flipping the record and choosing the next album to listen to. Pete's record of choice was The Rolling Stones' debut album, but the last track of the A-side was coming to an end.

  "You gotta flip it this time, Danni," He stated. Pete refused to look up from his book, determined to make her switch the record to the B-side.

  She groaned and rolled over onto her back. "I'm too comfy the way I am," Danica complained, refusing to move from her position on his bed.

  She had been sprawled out on her stomach for the past hours. You could tell how comfy she was by the imprint she had made on the mattress and comforter, but you could also tell the amount of boredom she felt by the nail trimmings scattered along the duvet. While Danni lounged about, Pete sat with his back propped up against the headboard, reading the latest novel that peaked his interest. Danica would have brought her own book if she knew Pete would be engrossed in his hardback the entire time.

  "It's your turn though."

  "No it isn't."

  "Yeh it is."

  "Yeh, it is, but I don't want to get up," She finally admitted.

  "Then I guess we won't be listening to the B-side."

  "That's fine with me. I'm more of a Beatles fan anyway."

  Pete rolled his eyes, knowing what a complete lie that was. Even Danni had to keep herself from rolling her eyes at her own comment.

  The crackling of the record eventually came to a hault. Neither moved or acted bothered by the silence, even though tension filled the air. The pair didn't usually feel the need to fill the silence at all moments of the day, but they were utterly annoyed by the silence at this particular point in time. Their stubbornness would be the death of them.

  "Fine!" Danica finally cracked. She rolled off the bed and tumbled down to the floor where the record player sat. She picked up the needle, flipping the record to the opposite side and placed the needle at the start.

There was a short crackle before Mick Jagger's vocals erupted from the speakers. Pete had a satisfied look on his face once she forfeited their constant match of "Who is the Most Stubborn Art Student?" He folded the the corner of the page he stopped on and placed the hardback on his dresser. As Pete stretched, Danni clambered back onto the bed. He grinned at her while her expression remained stoic.