☽ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘗𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦

14 September 1967

14 September 1967

"Danni, Flint peed on the floor again."

  "You've got to be kidding me," She groaned in response.

The record player seemed to skip in response to the room's dissonance. Jefferson Airplane's newest album had been through a lot of wear and tear due to Danica's obsession with their song "White Rabbit." It always began to skip during the last lyrics due to all the replays.

Keith stepped into the living room, holding the whimpering puppy like an infant. He always coddled Flint immediately after an accident.

"Keith, we can't baby him after he pisses on the floor. He needs to know he's not s'posed to do that." Danica reminds him, getting up from the velvet sofa.

"He knows," Keith starts. "Just look at his little face. He feels bad about it."

She walks closer to him, and the Labrador proceeds to hide his face in Keith's chest, whimpering at the possibility of being scolded.

Danni sighs, but a smile ultimately begins to tug at the corners of her lips. She smiles at Keith. He reminds her a lot of the new puppy. Maybe Keith doesn't urinate on the floor (unless he is drunk enough to think a potted plant is the toilet), but their eyes are a similar warm, faithful brown and they both enjoy giving rapid fire kisses.

  Danica thought all the similarities were adorable, but she didn't plan on letting their cuteness force her to be the one to clean up again.

"Y'know, maybe you should clean it up if you're going to baby him."

Danica goes and sits back down to stand her ground. She goes back to what she was working on, leaving Keith to catch flies with how wide his mouth is gaping.

"What?"

Danica heard him speak clearly but chose to continue working.

"Danni."

"Hm?" She hummed, filing through her photographs.

"Are you serious?"

"Do I look serious?"

She looked up again. Her smile was gentle, but her eyes gave off a hint of annoyance.

He frowned.

"Keith, listen, I know you don't want to do any of the chores, but if you're not paying rent, you're going to have to put out."