Sing Me To Sleep (Kiss Me Goodnight)

word count » 1524
summary » ❝Niall hates that he can’t fall asleep without the sound of Harry’s soothing voice ringing in his ears. He absolutely despises the feeling he gets in the pit of his stomach whenever Harry sings softly to him and him only. And he becomes one hundred and ten per cent aggravated with the ball of fuzz his brain makes whenever Harry bids him a soft goodnight, sometimes adding a kiss on the forehead when he thinks Niall has fallen asleep.❞
author’s note » basically, i saw the picture on the side and my mind did a thing so i typed up this thing. i posted this a while back on tumblr and forgot to post it here so here you go.

▲▼▲

        Niall hates that he can’t fall asleep without the sound of Harry’s soothing voice ringing in his ears. He absolutely despises the feeling he gets in the pit of his stomach whenever Harry sings softly to him and him only. And he becomes one hundred and ten per cent aggravated with the ball of fuzz his brain makes whenever Harry bids him a soft goodnight, sometimes adding a kiss on the forehead when he thinks Niall has fallen asleep. 

        Because this is Harry, he’s talking about. Harry, his best mate and band mate, someone who likes to wear bandanas and clip-on earrings because he says they make him look “swag”, when really he looks like a fucking pirate. (The voice in Niall’s head always adds, “A cute pirate, though.”) And if Niall didn’t know Harry, he would not be chasing after guys like him (well, rather, not chasing after guys like him) because they’re simply not Niall’s type. 

        But somewhere under all of Harry’s hair and ripped jeans and ugly boots and hundreds of necklaces, there’s a sweet and innocent boy that isn’t as bad as his appearance makes him out to be, and Niall thinks that’s what probably has him hooked. 

        And some nights Niall likes to think that maybe, just maybe, Harry has some feelings for the blonde, because really? Would Louis kiss Niall’s forehead goodnight? Louis may have stuck up for Niall when recording the Up All Night album and has always had a soft spot for the Irishman (Harry says they all have a soft spot for him, and he really doesn’t fucking know why but he likes it anyway), but he wouldn’t go that far. Well, at least not anymore. A few years ago, maybe, but he’s tougher now, more masculine and less feminine.  

        So Niall decides that tonight, when Harry drops by his hotel room to hang out for a bit before singing Niall to sleep, the blonde is going to test the boundaries - ask Harry to stay with him for the night. It’s not as if they’ve never slept in the same bed before, but honestly, the lads hardly ever cuddle or sleep beside each other anymore, and Niall can’t say he doesn’t miss the feeling of one of his best friends beside him, comforting him. 

        It’s around eight o’clock when there’s a knock at the door before Harry’s voice rings out, “Open the door, ya fucker,” in his best Irish accent.  

        Niall laughs loud enough for Liam to hear him from two floors down - (See? They don’t even share floors anymore, let alone beds.) - and strides over to the door to open if for Harry. 

        "Right on time, curly," he says as Harry barges in, a plastic bag of snacks in hand.  

        "I’m always on time," Harry says. He sets the bag on the kitchen counter and begins throwing various packets of candy and snacks all the way from where he is standing to the couch. 

        Niall dumps himself on the couch in a distasteful manner, disallowing any room for Harry to sit down. When Harry has finished emptying the contents of the bag by throwing them across the room, he walks over, lifts Niall’s legs up, sits down, and places Niall’s legs on his lap.