Nothing Like Us

TITLE: Nothing Like Us (#121)
PAIRING: Narry
RATING: Teen
WORD COUNT: 1600+
SUMMARY: Based off ‘Nothing Like Us’ by Justin Bieber. 
WARNING(S): crying, more crying, JUST SO MUCH CRYING!
AUTHOR'S NOTE: idek, grab some tissues. made me cry writing this. For the ANON who requested number 121, which just happened to be ‘Nothing Like Us’ by The Biebs!
Niall is 100% happy in this.

 P.S. I originally posted this on Tumblr (my tumblr url in the external link, btw), but I decided to also post it on here for my wattpad readers to view! Enjoy!

__

“I’m sorry, Niall, but it’s over.”

Harry’s words keep replaying in Niall’s head as he sobs into his pillow. Just six hours earlier, Harry had broken his heart; ripped it out of his chest and tore it to shreds right in front of Niall. As Harry walked away, Niall looked to the ground, as if to be looking at Harry’s name engraved into the remains of what was Niall’s main organ.

Niall curls around the pillow that still has a strong scent of Harry. He lets out a whimper as another wave of tears form in his eyes, and he doesn’t even try to hold them back.

He sniffles, allowing Harry’s scent to overtake his nostrils. The feeling he has in his chest is heavy and very unfamiliar. He has never felt so much pain, or felt so lost or alone. It’s all new to him and he doesn’t like it one bit.

It feels like his claustrophobia is acting up and he begins choking on his sobs. His vision is blurring, but he refuses to let darkness take over.

His mind rewinds back to the time he and Harry first met in eighth grade. They were both confused about their sexualities back then, but helped each other through it, and by the time they were seventeen, they were dating.

__

Niall definitely wasn’t a shy person on his first day. His first class was English, and the English teacher, Mrs. Lacotta, gladly introduced the Irish kid to the class. He smiled and waved cheerily, and the students seemed to have brightened up by his dazzling smile, even though he had crooked teeth.

He took a seat in the middle at the back; the only empty seat left. He silently took his book and pencil case out of his backpack and opened it to a clean page. A few girls giggled to his right, and when Niall turned his head to see what they were up to, they were whispering to each other and waving at Niall.

Niall smiled and waved back, happy with himself that he caught the attention of some girls. Although, he was questioning his sexuality lately; sometimes he would find girls attractive, and other times he would find himself thinking about a guy in a more-than-a-friend kind of way.

“Hey.” Someone whispered from Niall’s left. He turned his head to find a boy with curly hair and bright green eyes smiling at him. “Niall, is it?”

Niall smiled and nodded. He knew he should have been paying attention to the teacher, considering it was only his first day and he didn’t want to get into trouble, but this boy was one of those guys that Niall found attractive.