Chapter cuatro - more crush talk (mirio pov)

mirio pov
i saw nejire and yuyu as i walk out with some people i was talking to. i quickly run up to them. i apologized to yuyu, grabbed nejire, and pulled her to the side. ever since noticing that my face kept turning red and i wanted to kiss tamaki during the ceremony, i wanted to talk to nejire.

i could feel yuyu's suspicious glare, but it soon went away when tamaki started talking to her, which brought a quick squeeze to my heart.

"what's up?" nejire spoke first. "uhh umm i just wanted to say that ever since we talked about it, i have been thinking about my crush on tamaki," i said, putting air quotation marks on 'crush', and i'm still not sure, but i'm pretty sure i do"
"good! that's progress! well, are you gonna confess soon? are ya? are ya?"
"uhh i... don't know."
"if you don't, you'll keep the man waiting."
"you're talking like he has a crush on me already."
"because he DOES! have you really not noticed?"
"pfft no way! i don't even know if his crush is a guy! he always gets flustered around people easily so it's a little hard to know, but i think he gets more flustered around women than men."
"then what about you? does he get more flustered around you than women?
"what? no! i-i don't really notice that kinda thing, but i'm pretty sure he doesn't- waaaaiiit... "
"yeeeeessss?"
"does he?"
"in my opinion, yeah. how have you not noticed this yet?"
"wait REALLY?!?!"
"yes! did you not hear me even after saying it multiple times?"
"hmm well i'd like to hear it directly from him instead of listening to your opinion"
"why~ actually, wait no. don't answer that. you do what you want in your own little way, okay?"
"okay?"
"well, do your best, okay? promise me that. also promise me that you'll do it by the end of the day."
"i will! and i promise!"

just as we were finishing up our conversation, yuyu runs over and kisses nejire on the cheek. i feel heat rise up to my face, and it's probably as pink as tamaki's tight now. "h-h-hey w-wh-wha-wha-what?" i hear tamaki quietly yell while catching up to yuyu. i look at nejire, who's a bit flushed. "w-what was that for?!" she yells, but it kinda sounds like a joke. "it's sign of our friendship" yuyu hesitantly says and afterwards, nejire makes face looks a bit strained. topics are quickly changed though.

i hope they didn't hear what we were talking about, especially tamaki. it is about him after all. thoughts run through my head as i'm not paying attention to what they're saying, but of course, as usual, tamaki's voice brings me back.

"is everything okay mirio? what were you guys talking about?" tamaki said. "oh i'm fine. it was nothing important." is all i said.

good. it didn't seem like he heard anything i was saying with nejire. we were talking about tamaki and how i migh- i probably have a crush on him.

honestly, i'm kinda scared and nervous for the rest of the day. i've never confessed to someone, and the person that i'm confessing to is really close to me. if he says no, do i lose him forever? URGHHHHH