4

)°•————————●———————•°(

“We called ya crazy because ya like to act crazy,” the tech corrected him, seeming rather amused. “And before you get on that old shpell about me not being allowed to say that, I said ya liked to ACT crazy, not that ya are.” There was an obvious, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she sank deeper into her chair.

Despite how much she wanted to despise the place, she had to admit, she had a soft spot for people like her, hence her commenting, “You remind me of my dad. Well… One of them.”

“You’re raised by a gay couple?”

“No. Well..” Her black brows knitted together as she struggled to figure out the right way to word it. “I’m raised by my bandmates. Russu (usually she was able to pronounce their names correctly, but when upset, tired, or lazy, she reverted back to childhood nicknames) is my DAD DAD. Mudocu and Tuu-Chi also help raise me, and are kinda like dads, and they’re dating. Sometimes. Depends on the day.” She shrugged a bit before taking a sip from her glass.

A small chuckle slipped from Charlotte’s lips as she shook her head, “Odd bunch--”

“My bunch,” she shot back, seeming rather defensive.

“I didn’t mean--”

A small scoff. “It’s fine. Can’t say anything the press…. Has…. n’t…” As she spoke, it was like the world melted around her. The press. Fuck. She didn’t even think about it. While here, she had some coverage, for the most part. True, the band had gotten super popular, but (as racist as it may sound) she just looked like any other Japanese girl. But outside of here…. What would the guys tell the press? Would her reputation be ruined? Her ability to work? The only thing that gave her slight comfort was something that Murdoc has said. ‘Rock Stars aren’t supposed to have clean records. No one bats an eye when we fuck up’. That being said, it wasn’t enough to get the color to rush back to her face.

)°•————————————————•°(

He scoffed at what Charlotte said, but was honestly interested in Noodle's odd family. It almost reminded him of his own; dysfunctional, small, but still a family.
Ace watched her face drain of color, her already pale complexion so much more sickly and honestly corpse like than before. Despite the little voice in his head telling him not to give a shit, he did. He knew that feeling, when you think of all the nosy folks who really couldnt give a damn whether you are ok or not, just whether your story would make the front page and pay their wages. Before he could think it through, a hand went out to touch her own to give her comfort. His face flushed, and as he realized what he did his hand shot back. She probably didn't need that, she is a tough girl. To cover up for his mistake, he quickly decided to give her verbal comfort instead of physical.

"I doubt the press will be after ya when I'm here. The child actor who pissed it all away? They really can't miss me, but ya could look like just about anyone."

He said, his head tilting to the side so that he looked down at her through the corner of his eyes. He smirked, letting out a small puff of air. Yeah, the press wont be coming after him if his fuck-ups were far more out in the open, and his face so recognizable. Charlotte shook her head and sighed, seeming to be a little more disappointed than before.

"Ace, you know we don't allow that language here, but you also know I won't say anything. Just make sure you dont say anything like that near Mort."

In response, Ace rolled his eyes and laughted sourly, but acknowledged what she meant.

"You're a rock star right? Rock stars always fuc-- mess up, and their mess ups don't make good stories if they always happen. You're fine, I'm sure..."

)°•———————●———————•°(