Chpater 3: The Evergreen

"Where am I?" I asked myself.

The place seemed empty and it's dark. I roamed around aimlessly in a place that felt like the word "Nothing" had materialized—
It took a while but I had finally reached an end; more like a wall to this void. I followed the direction of the wall and kept walking
even further to what felt like an eternity. I had reached a corner, then proceeded to move into its direction and had reached another. I was surprised as to how fast I had gotten there but I still kept going until I felt a corner again. I stopped in my tracks and backed away till I felt comfortable to stop... It was too bizarre: I'm dreaming. This is the first since my stay in the room since I've always slept peacefully, devoid of dreams.

I wanted to wake up but I couldn't. This feeling of helplessness was too similar, I hated it. I stood quiet in this black shroud—
thinking maybe I'd wake up anytime soon but my thoughts were disturbed by this shaking sensation as if there was an earthquake.
I moved with arms stretched out since I couldn't see. My finger tips felt an object—shocked, I pulled my arms back. It was impossible since the nearest wall was long ways from my position, so I reached again but only with my right hand this time: my palm felt the same cold walls. I closed into it with disbelief only to be proven wrong... I backed away from it, a few steps further away I moved till my back felt the same cold flat surface. Bewildered, I walked forward again with arms out but my hands felt the imaginary wall stopping me--Distressed and panicking,
I pushed against the ever moving force but suddenly in my predicament I heard a whisper.

The voice grew louder and louder as the remaining space I had grew opposite in comparison. As I focused on pushing my way out of desperation, throughout the struggle I paid no mind to the surrounding—A blinding light shone above me: I felt its warmth gently caressing my skin. I looked up then the voice called for me again, it came from where the light originates; I yearned for it. There was something about the gentle light that attracted me, maybe it was the voice that lured me into it but I just couldn't ignore it... the light, the voice.

"Sylas?" a familiar voice.

I heard my name and couldn't resist looking towards the eye blinding light. During my gaze, I started getting used to the luminance
and in turn I saw a hand reaching towards me. As far as I'm concerned it was either I slowly get crushed or reach for the unknown: I chose the latter. Moments later I reached towards my salvation and gripped tightly as I could, Quickly engulfed by the brightness before me. A sound erupted with a bang as I shockingly reopened my eyes while gasping for air, cold sweat drenched my back and saw myself in a familiar place. I slowly caught up to my breath and finally noticed the only one thing different—I stared into my hands that bathed in this beautiful brightness that felt warm, cozy, wonderful... my eyes followed the light only to find this big window where the blank wall used to be.

I sat on the floor in front of this magnificent view that filled me with awe, I inched forward the glass panel and looked below to a huge garden teeming with life. Plants of different shapes, sizes and color. The inner walls along some broken windows that were on the first floor of the building were intruded with vegetation but there was one thing that my eyes couldn't stray away from: it was this massive tree that made the extinct Coastal Redwoods looked puny compared to it. It's large size was unbelievable that I'm surprised that people actually managed to build the whole facility around it, the tree looked about a hundred thousand feet in width and due to its height I could barely see the sky. The whole scenery was peaceful and beautiful that I forgot about the horrid nightmare I was in.

"Hello?! Sylas are you there?"

She faint voice broke the silence, I remembered that I fell asleep on the floor last night after exchanging formalities and binging the scenery with her talking while basking under the morning sun. I stood while walking towards the chute while appreciating the view in mind: how would it look at night? I wondered... I saw the hatch was closed and the pen I had slipped in between it lie on the floor below. I propped it with the same pen agai-