Girl in New Orleans or The Bayou Sucks Big Time

⚜

Caelia waited for Klaus in the living room, just relaxing, after his little therapy session with Camille was over.

"You could've compelled anyone to spend time with you if you're so lonely. Why her?" she asked, opening her eyes upon his arrival.

She received a glare in return. "You know very well that I need someone to distract and spy on Marcel, someone he wouldn't suspect."

"Yes, because she's so precious," Caelia rolled her eyes. "You know she won't remain innocent now that you and Marcel dragged her into this."

She smirked and rose from the sofa only to sit down on the arm rest of the chair in front of Klaus. "Or maybe you chose the bartender to write your memoirs, because she's used to hearing grown men whine about their childhood."

But Klaus had to be in a rare good mood since he took the insult without losing his temper like so often these past days. Instead, he settled for paying like with like.

"Don't be jealous, love, just because there's nothing in your life worth remembering," he mocked, but what really infuriated Caelia was the dumb smirk she wanted to slap from his dumb face. And she hated that he knew exactly which nerve to hit, but she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of her lashing out.

"Harsh," she pouted, feigning hurt. 

-

"I told you, Agnes. I feel great," Hayley said flipping through the book in her hands.

"You are overdue for a checkup," the elderly witch voiced her concern. Some time after Klaus had left, they, along with his sister, had joined Caelia in the living room.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound?" Hayley defended. "A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch and a conspicuously overprotective friend? Nothing to see here!"

"Hey!" complained Caelia and shot up from her sprawling position on the couch.

Rebekah sounded mildly jealous when she separated from her laptop and said, "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." She resumed typing.

Agnes leaned forward. "I know a doctor out in the bayou," she reasoned, "off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

Hayley knew she was defeated and rolled her eyes in reluctant agreement. "Okay, fine," she said, slamming the book shut. "Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

-

It was dark when Agnes pulled up in front of a red house in the middle of nowhere. Klaus had originally wanted Caelia to assist him with his business at the Dauphine Street Festival, but when she looked around she was glad she didn't let Hayley go on her own.