-=+=-Hugs for me-=+=-

Childhood AU

Zak ran towards the children playground as quickly as possible. He could finally meet his friends after getting grounded for trying to steal 14 dollars from his parents. His friends were already at the playground, waiting for Zak's arrival.

"Had fun getting grounded by your parents?" Dave teased.

"Oh it was sooooooo fun." Zak replied sarcastically.

"Zak you shouldn't try to steal your parents' money in the first place!" Darryl said.

"What a good kid you are, Darryl." Vincent blurted.

"Hey! I'm just telling the truth!" Darryl replied.

Zak shrugged. He didn't care about rules. He was a rule breaker.

"Okok so what are we going to play today?" Dave asked, leaning on a pole.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Zak replied instantly.

"That's a great idea!" Darryl and Vincent said in unison.

"Rock paper scissors!" Dave said cheerfully.

They played a round of rock paper scissors. Somehow Zak, Darryl and Vincent all got scissors and Dave got rock. They all laughed at the result.

"I'm the seeker! Fear meeee!" Dave yelled, smirking at his words afterwards.

"Ahhhhhh I'm soooo scared!" Zak left a sarcastic remark.

"Ok we are going to hide now, look away!" Darryl said.

"Besure to look away Dave! Remember, DON'T CHEAT!" Vincent said, running away from Dave.

"Okok I'll start the count down now!" Dave said, covering his eyes with his hands while looking away to show that he wasn't cheating.

Zak ran behind a bush, kneeling down so that he could hide perfectly. It was almost unnoticeable. He had lots of experience playing hide and seek, especially hiding in spots which is difficult for the seeker to discover him. Darryl hid inside the slide. The slide was tube-shaped so that people cannot see them from the outside but only from the inside. Vincent hid behind a tree which was near the silde. He made sure the tree trunk was wide enough to hide his whole body. He saw Darryl's shadow from outside of the slide and he decided not to comment on it.

"5...4...3...2...1! Time's up! Here I come~!" Dave shouted to make sure everybody could hear him.

The first thing Dave had noticed was Darryl's shadow. He chuckled to himself and rushed towards the ladder which leaded towards the entrance of the slide. He climbed up the ladder and slowly crawled inside the silde. He carefully crawled towards Darryl to make sure he didn't produce any noise. Once he got close enough to Darryl, he put both his hands on Darryl's shoulder. Darryl jumped out of surprise and screamed. Zak and Vincent heard this and tried not to laugh out loud to expose their hiding spot.

"Found you~" Dave smirked.

"Oh my goodness you scared me!" Darryl screamed, his heart still beating fast.

Dave laughed at his reaction and gave Darryl a big grin. Darryl gave him a smile, his mind still trying to calm down.

"Okay I wonder who is the next victim!" Dave shouted while getting out of the slide with Darryl.

Dave then ran towards the tree where Vincent was hiding because it was the nearest hiding spot from the slide.

"Hello~ Who's here? I can smell you~" Dave chanted. He looked behind the tree and found Vincent.

"Ahh! Oh my god hello-" Vincent yelled, a horrified look on his face. Dave gave him a smile and turned away.

"Okay two found! Where are you Zak?~" Dave shouted.

Zak felt his heart beating faster and faster, knowing he was the last one who hadn't been found by Dave yet. Thank god he picked a spot which was at the corner of the playground.

Dave knew Zak was good at hiding. He was thinking where would Zak be hiding at that moment. He realized Zak wore green that day, so there must be a huge chance he was hiding between green plants. He also thought that Zak would be hiding in some unnoticeable parts of the playground like the corners dor example. He immediately ran towards the bushes.

Zak heard footsteps. He kept himself more quiet than ever, hearing the footsteps getting louder and louder. His heart was ready to jump out at any second. He breathed softly to avoid any noise that would give the seeker a hint of where he was hiding.

Then, he saw his surroundings got darker.

"BOO!"

"aaaAAAAAAHhHHHhh!" Zak screamed in fear. It was so loud that the voice reverberated through the playground.

Dave laughed uncontrollably, putting his arms around his stomach. Zak breathed heavily, trying to calm himself down.

"Are you okay?" Dave asked, starting to worry about Zak, who was still breathing heavily and starting to tear up for some reason.

Zak didn't answer. He stared at Dave, still kneeling down. His mind was still replaying on the moment when Dave scared him.

"Oh my god I'm not a monster okay?" Dave jokingly said, "Okok c'mere you nerd."

Dave got closer to Zak, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy. The shorter boy returned the hug. His mind started to calm down. They stayed in this position for a few seconds and pulled away.

"Thanks Dave. You're very good at scaring people." Zak said, smiling.

"Haha i didn't expect you to be that timid." Dave replied.

"Oh come on! I'll get you next time!" Zak giggled and pushed Dave playfully.

=================
Ok so hello guys!
This is the first time for me writing a fanfic so hope you guys enjoyed it!
~Kateh💖