Chapter 22

Something cold in my forehead was what woke me up, slowly opening my eyes

"Jill!" I heard Elena's voice "Bon! Wake up, guys"

I heard Bonnie groan besides me "Elena?"

"Lena?" I asked, groaning slightly.

Elena looked visibly relieved "Oh, you're both okay"

I glanced around, seeing Bonnie and I were lying on a bathtub in oppositte sides, confused "My head..."

"What happened?" Bonnie asked, looking at me.

Both of us looked to be in pain.

Elena helped me up, "Come here" I stood from the bathtub with her help, watching her as she went to help Bonnie as well.

I held my head in pain.

Bonnie stopped, seeming to remember something, "Oh, my God" She looked at me, "Jill, Ben is a..."

"Vampire" I finished in a whisper, widening my eyes as I remembered what happened.

"Shh" Elena told us, pointing from her ear to the door, "They can hear you"

I nodded in understanding, turning on the tap, looking at them, lowering the lid of the toilet, sitting down on it.

Elena kneeled next to Bonnie.

"I'm so stupid" Bonnie told us.

"No, I am the stupid one" I told her. "All night I had been feeling as if Ben was up to something. It wasn't till it was too late when I realized you were in trouble"

Elena shook her head, "It's not either of your fault, guys. He had all of us fooled"

"How can you fool a banshee?" I asked.

Bonnie seemed sympathetic, sighing "You wanted to see the best of him, didn't you? For me"

"Of course I did" I nodded slightly, "I'm your best friend, I wanted the best for you" Bonnie smiled slightly. I sighed, looking at Elena "What's going on? Why are we here?"

"It must have something to do with the tomb and Emily's spell book" Elena answered.

"Spell book?" Bonnie repeated. She glanced at me, "Like Andrew's?"

I nodded, "Hmm. Damon said it could be used to open the tomb"

"Why didn't I know about any of this?" Bonnie asked.

"We were trying to keep you out of it, hoping it would never come to this" Elena told her.

"Come to what?" Bonnie asked.

"They need a witch to break the spell and let the vampires out" I told her. "Figured if we had no other choice, I could do it. Keep you out of the super freak world"

"No way" Bonnie told me, surprised. "You would have done that for me?"

I smiled slightly, "Anything for family"

Elena looked between us, confused.

The door suddenly opened.

Bonnie, Elena and I looked toward the door.

Elena stood in front of us protectively.

Ben walked in, walking toward the sink, turning the tap off.

"You're wasting your time" Bonnie told him. "I'm not gonna help you" Ben looked at me. Bonnie grabbed my arm, glaring at Ben "She won't help you either"

Ben smirked, leaning closer, grabbing Elena, holding her close. "That's why she's here. Motivation for you to behave. You know, you shouldn't be so desperate. You made it too easy" He pushed Elena out of the room, roughly. "She wants to talk to you"