Chapter 16 - Age 21 (4)

"You two coming out tonight?" Brian, a guy who liked to be called Sweet Pea, asked.

Betty arched her eyebrows on Jughead's lap. "Out where?"

"Out clubbing," Cheryl piped in, a big smile on her face. "Unless you're too—"

"Where?" Jughead cut her off, not wanting to agree only because the redheaded girl manipulated him again. Over the months, everybody had become amazing friends, and the younger ones hung out a lot, off the stage. Now that the show had been running for over three months already and it was the beginning of September, they weren't able to go and hang out outside in parks anymore, so their usual destination was a restaurant or a club.

"Clubbing," Toni said. "We're going to the one we were at a week ago. You know..." she smirked, making Betty do the same. The number of inner jokes they had was crazy.

The blonde turned her head, looking at Jughead questioningly. Jug sighed. "Let's stay in," he said pleadingly, pressing his lower lip over his upper one like Betty had always done when she wanted to get something from him.

"That's not—" The blonde got cut off by Jughead starting to kiss her all over her face, making her grin as her nose wrinkled up. "Alright. Alright," she agreed, cupping his face to push it away. "We won't come this time, guys."

"Jones is an idiot. You can still come, cousin," Cheryl said, rolling her eyes at the beanie-wearing guy. That's another strange detail that had happened over the months. Betty found out she and Cheryl were related. Apparently, their dads were cousins. While Cheryl had known that, Betty hadn't. So, the blonde had had to explain for hours why she didn't talk to her dad. The list was a long one.

"You know, Cheryl, if your hair wasn't red, I'd say you were a blonde. You know... No brains," Jughead said.

Betty pursed her lips with a smirk and the others laughed as she looked at her boyfriend who suddenly looked surprised, understanding she was blonde, too.

"You got to admit, you can be pretty stupid sometimes," Jughead joked, earning a slap onto his shoulder. "Kidding," he whispered, pecking her lips and moving his to rest on her temple in order to whisper into her hair. "I need something to get back at Cheryl with."

"I heard that," the redhead said, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she went outside the room to organize things.

"Baby, pass me the popcorn, please," Jug said quietly. Betty raised her eyebrows, looking down at his empty bowl and then at his happy face. "Oops."

"Juggie," the girl whined.

"What? I got distracted. The movie's great and I have the world's most beautiful girl in my arms," he whispered, pressing a kiss onto her soft cheek.

Betty sighed, not able to tell him 'no' if he kept doing that. She passed him the full bowl of popcorn from the other side of the couch and observed his happy face as he started eating it, looking back at the screen. "You're really enjoying this, aren't you?" the girl smirked.

Jug's eyes moved onto her relaxed and happy face. "I am," he said softly, brushing his thumb over her jaw. "I'm really happy here, with you. I really really really love you."

Betty giggled at that. "I really really really love you, too."

Jughead kissed her softly, and when she pulled away and popped a few popcorns into her mouth, he smiled, pressing another kiss onto her forehead. "I'm happy you made me move here. I can't imagine being without you anymore."