Chapter 5: The Case

"I guess there's a lot to tell you now."

The elevator door opened as Kendrick Lamar walked down the hall to Jessica Jones' apartment. He saw the cardboard and his eyes went wide.

"She must have had a lot of problems. I better be careful." He thought.

As Kendrick knocked, he heard a bang on the table, probably a bottle or glass. Did she drink? Well, he was about to find out.

"Who is it?" A voice asked, seemingly annoyed.

"Is this Jessica Jones? My friend told me you could help."

The door opened, and Jessica stood there, looking like she wasn't in the mood.

"What do you want? I don't think it's a good time for a case."

Kendrick rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Jessica Jones, the detective that doesn't get enough money to fix her apartment, and isn't even sober enough to take a case. I guess I'll just have to find someone else in this city full of attempted kidnappings and explosions."

Kendrick started to walk away, but Jessica stopped him, just as he thought she would.

"Wait... What did you say?"

"Do you want me to repeat the whole thing?"

"No, just the last part." She specified.

"City full of attempted kidnappings and explosions?"

Jessica snapped her fingers. "Yeah, that."

"What about it?"

"There were explosions last night. Is that what you want to talk to me about?"

"Maybe, but that's not what I specifically want to talk about. It's something much bigger."

Jessica narrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Have you heard of the name Wilson Fisk?"

Jessica ran inside her apartment. "No, but let me write that down. Anything else?"

"Oh, we're just getting started."

"What's your name?"

"Kendrick Lamar."

Jessica, a little surprised, gestured for him to come in. "I've heard of you, so it'll be interesting to hear what you have to say."

Kendrick walked in and sat down, and began the explanation.
_______________________________________

Floor seats for the Knicks
Couple models gon kiss (huh)
They don't even want a pic
Wanna lick up on the (yeah, yeah)
I done lit a couple hits
Goin' hammer with the bic (huh)
God handed me the gift
Nothin' slammin' for a brick (yeah, yeah, right)

"Yo, that slaps!"

A$AP Ferg had just made a new song, "Floor Seats", and Bill didn't really know the process until then. He'd seen the sampling of a song by The Prodigy, and the production of the beat, and the recording. Bill thought that it was pretty cool, to be honest.

Anderson hadn't produced it, but Ferg brought Roofeeo in to help out. Ferg had told him the outline of the new project, and Paak had decided that he wasn't right for it. But that was ok, because he had Bill to hang out with too. He knew that it was hard for him without his family around, so he had to be there for him.