Chapter 19: The Portal

"Gladly." She replied, and followed him out the door.

It was morning, and the sun shined down on Bill as he woke up with his arm around Baelfire, his only friend at the moment, as he then remembered how Terra, Aqua, Ven and Georgie were still looking for him.

Bae woke up as well, smiling when he saw Bill.

"How'd you sleep last night?" He asked warmly.

"P-pretty good."

"Me too." Bae replied. "Although, I am a little sore right now. It must be because I had my head down since your arm was around me."

Bill chuckled. "Oh, s-sorry. H-here, let me help you."

He took his arm from around Bae and began to massage his shoulders.

"Y-you should have laid you head back like m-me."

Bae laughed. "Thanks, this helps."

Inside the house, Rumplestiltskin had awoken as well. He was cooking fish, and he heard the kids talking. It was good for Bae to have a friend around with him. He was happy. And if Bae was happy, then he was happy.

But it was time to find Terra and Bill's other friends. He brought him there to keep him safe while Facilier was looking for him, and it was a serious matter. So Rumplestiltskin told himself that he would help Bill by looking for his friends that day.

"Alright, your turn." Baelfire offered.

"Oh, t-thanks." Bill replied as Bae turned around and started massaging Bill's neck and shoulders.

"Usually, G-Georgie would do this. But..."

"It's ok, Bill. We'll get to see them soon." Bae reassured.

Rumple heard this from inside the house and thought, "I knew it! All the more reason to find them."

He'd began to think different since Bae helped him turn to the light. It was different, but it was a good change, and he didn't have to hurt as many people now. Before he'd thought that he was keeping Bae safe by having The Dark One's power, but then he realized that Bae was fine before. At least he could walk now.

As Rumplestiltskin walked out of the house, the kids heard him and abruptly stopped what they were doing. Of course, they didn't want him to think that they were being weird.

"Hey, boys! I found some fish this morning. It's cooking right now, get ready to eat soon. And after that, I've got something to tell Bill."

Bill's eyes widened in happiness. "Are you gonna f-find Georgie and my f-friends?"

Rumple gave him a "You just spoiled my surprise" look and said, "Y'know what? Nevermind, I'll just tell you now. Yes."

Bill grinned with joy. "T-thanks for helping me out here."

The man smiled. "Well, if it wasn't for Bae here, I don't know if you would be here. Thank him for helping me turn to the light."

Baelfire chuckled and ran over to hug his father. "I asked, you made the decision, papa." He said happily.

Rumplestiltskin looked down at his son. "Yeah, you're right. I'll go out to find the others after you eat."

"I h-hope you find them." Bill said.

"Oh, I will. I always do."
___________________________________________

The night before

Terra, Aqua, Ven, Georgie, Claire, and The Defenders gathered around in a circle to get ready to teleport. It was easier to call the superheroes The Defenders so they didn't have to constantly say, "Matt, Jessica, Luke and Danny".