Chapter 5

"I can't believe you are actually here!" Inku exclaimed to Xanro. "And you kept it a secret that you were alive?"
"Yeah, but only so they would stop looking for me." She responded. "C'mon let's get this collar off you"
A light on the collar started blinking but no one noticed.

[Scene: Deep in the forest somewhere]

"...Where is it?" Shadow questioned. "Where is this thing that set off my alarm? Hm, what's this? Looks like Shapeshifter decided to escape... Lucky me, of course, I'm really deep in the woods." Shadow complained. Shadow dashed up into the trees then started heading back to where Inku was tied.

[Scene: The middle of the forest where everyone is]

"Xanro do you sense that?" Inku queried.
"Yeah, I do... It's him." Xanro responded. Suddenly, Shadow appeared behind Inku.
"What did I say about escaping?" He asked Inku then kicked her really hard which launched her against the rock, making her bleed from her nose and mouth. He then started walking over to Inku when Xanro threw an ink blob at Shadow which made him stop for a few seconds.
"Oh lookie here, the other one has arrived! Now I can kill you both at the same time and retrieve your blood." He happily said. His boss called and said that he needs both alive. "I thought you wanted their blood... Why do you still want them alive?" Shadow questioned.
"I only told you I needed their blood so you would try to find them faster since I know you love killing, but I now realize that was a mistake. Maybe I just need... to fire you." His boss responded.
Shadow stood there for a moment, his eyes glitched for a bit until he stopped. He lowered to the ground since he was floating. He dropped on his knees and red tears started flowing from his eyes. Inku and Xanro stared in confusion. Shadow just sat there, crying, then he started laughing.
"He doesn't understand..." Shadow said. Then he grabbed both Inku and Xanro and dashed off.
"Inku!" Keai yelled.

[Chapter 5 end, continue to Chapter 6]