Chapter 5

When I opened my eyes all I saw was white. "am I dead?"I thought.
Then I realized, "no, I can't be dead or else_" But I never finished the thought in my mind. Someone, a boy, the same boy in detention looked down at me, his face expressionless.
"Am I dead?" I asked. I felt silly. I knew that was a stupid question to ask.
He didn't answer. All he did was say, "Stay still." I did just that. I wished I hadn't.
Fireworks of pain shot up my arm.
"What the hell did you just to to my arm!" I screamed.
"Settle down now." Said a soft, but loud voice. It was the same girl that had knocked her out.
"You!" I stammered. "you..you...you stay away from me....al...alright!!!!
She looked at me and smiled.
"Sorry for all the confusion. We don't enjoy not knowing things either correct Finnegan?"
The boy,Finnegan looked at me, then to the girl. He nodded his head, but said nothing.
She could tell I was confused so she told me about how Finnegan was upset about how the monsters attacked at the mortal school. She explained that I was special, and they were keeping watch over me. "I know I know, it may be confusing at first but you must understand." then she explained everything. apparently, there were these people called shadowhunters, who protected the world against darkness, and then there was another group called wizards and witches who protected to people against the dark wizards,witches, and dementors. "Now," she said softly, "there are other groups but those are just a few, and that's all you need know of right now. Now you must rest. Oh and by the way, I never told you my name did I. I'm Lily , Lily Potter."