nine

Ella's POV- November 2019

After brunch, Ian went back to his place to get some laundry and homework done. We'd all meet up later to get dinner and watch the Men's hockey game.

"What are you doing?" I asked Aly.

She had suddenly crossed the room and was standing right next to my bed.

"It needs to be done"

I watched with much amusement as she stretched her arm out and lightly tapped Gavin's nose. Being the deep sleeper he was, he didn't even stir. However, Aly liked to overstep and gently tapped his nose continuously. She froze when his nose scrunched up and he swatted the area by his nose, missing Aly's hand by a small distance.

"Is he awake?"

"I don't think so" I answered.

He had his eyes covered with the beanie of his costume and had not moved from that position in the last hour...until now.

"Are you done?" I wondered.

"Yes"

There was a light knock on the door.

"Who could that be?"

"Probably Theo" I stated as I went to answer the door.

My jerk brother 'forgot' to come to drop off the keys this morning, so Ian drove us to get brunch.

"Hello," I greeted.

"Sorry"

As he handed me the keys, there was a knock on the door. Theo looked at both Aly and me before asking,

"Are you two expecting anyone?"

I shook my head as Aly said,

"No"

I placed the keys on my desk as Theo went to answer the door.

"Hello, is your sister there?"

Aly rolled her eyes when she realized who was on the other side of the door, James' mom.

"You don't need to talk to her"

I know I didn't.

"She deserves to hear the whole story since I'm sure her son hasn't been honest to her," I said.

Aly frowned as I slid into my slippers and stepped out. When I did that, the whole door opened and Beverly, James' mom got a look at him.

"What can I help you with?" I asked her.

She hummed as her eyes left Gavin's sleeping form and fell on me.

"I can see you're busy"

"You don't get to do that," I told her.

She had no right to judge me.

"My son spent the entire day in jail because of your little antics"

I gestured at the empty study room.

"Let's talk there," I said.

Theo raised an eyebrow at me as she walked ahead.

"I'm staying here until she leaves"

He crossed his arms.

"So make it quick"

I followed Beverly into the study room and closed the door behind me.

"You do know it was him who broke up with me, right?" I asked as she took a seat.

She shook her head as I took a seat across from her.