Almost A Different Person

During dinner, things still remain awkward between the two. Yoongi doesn't know what to say and it doesn't seem that Jungkook does either. The other stares down at the table, picking at his food.

        "You alright, Jungkook?" Yoongi asks.

        "Y-Yes. It's just weird. I had you locked up like some kind of prisoner. A-And now I don't know how to talk to you. Usually I could just act, you know? But you know the r-real me and I just-" Jungkook looks up and Yoongi can see that he has a light blush spread across his cheeks. He chuckles.

        "Relax, I wasn't in there for too long. Actually, that's what concerns me. Why were you so quick to tell me? What if it had been someone else. Someone who could have hurt you." Yoongi has a dark look in his eyes as he looks away.

        "Jiminie said he had a good feeling about you. He's my best friend and he's never let me down. That aside I have my own thoughts about you. Namjoon seems fond of you too." Yoongi notices that his tongue pokes the side of his cheek. He's realized that to be a sign of frustration. The thought makes him let out a small laugh.

        "W-What?" Jungkook inquires.

        "Nothing. I would like you to be more cautious in the future. Luckily, I was the one assigned to you and not someone else. That being said, what are we going to do about my work? Now that you've paid off my boss, he's obviously untrustworthy. That pretty much leads to the entire department possibly being under some kind of influence. I don't think I can work anymore now that I'm in this predicament." Yoongi sighs. Jungkook's eyebrows furrow as a light pout graces his features. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he stands up.

        "I know! You could quit your job and I could hire you instead!" he shouts and looks at Yoongi excitedly. The other male smiles a bit before shaking his head.

        "Trust me, that would be great, but it would look too suspicious. We don't want to attract any attention until we deal with your father. You forgetting who I am? The city's most brilliant detective suddenly disappears? If people found out I'm working for you then that'd be even worse. The whole situation is fishy in the public eye." Jungkook looks back down like a dejected puppy, or bunny for that matter. 

        "Don't look like that. I've worked plenty for a couple lifetimes. I won't be missing anything. That, and who has more money, Mr. Jeon?" Yoongi says sarcastically to which Jungkook glares at him cutely. His expression suddenly changes as he gasps.

        "What?" Yoongi asks.

        "You said you worked enough for multiple lifetimes. How old are you?" Jungkook now looks very worried for a reason Yoongi doesn't know.

        "You're telling me you didn't even do your research on the person you were bringing into your home?" Yoongi questions in disbelief, "I'm only 25. I just meant I'm tired of working." he chuckles.

       "Oh! Then that means you're my hyung, right?" Jungkook asks. The other nods.

        "Jungkook."

        "Yeah?"

        "I'm saying this because you seem like a good kid and I don't want you to get seriously hurt. Be a bit more careful please."

        "I know, hyung."

        "Don't worry too much. Me and Jimin have been looking over him if you haven't noticed. I already knew your age months before you received that letter which was actually my idea," Namjoon says a bit sassily as he enters the room.