Sorry?

"How many days have I been here?" Yoongi grumbles to the young guard, who he has found to be named Jimin. This is the same guard that had discovered his escape.

           "3 days as of this morning. How's your back?" he responds.

           "So, I have 4 days until I lose my job," Yoongi groans. With his time away from work, his boss really had threatened his job. He just hasn't had the will to get up for work. Jimin opens his mouth to say something, but quickly shuts up.

           "How's your back?" Jimin tries again, but only receives a grunt from the other. Jimin leaves the room, shaking his head with a sigh.

           Sure enough, barely an hour later, Jeon is back in the room. Yoongi wakes up as he hears the door to the basement slam. He looks pissed to say the least.

           "Get up!" Jeon shouts. Yoongi tries his best, but pain still shoots through his back. After a few attempts, he successfully gets on his feet. For the first time in awhile, he makes direct eye contact with Jeon. For a second he thinks he sees a flash of guilt in the other's eyes, but it must be his imagination, because in the next second he is on the floor, gasping at the pain. Looking down, he sees his own blood dripping onto the ground. Suddenly, the door to the basement opens once again. Mr. Jeon leaves. Yoongi sits up, wincing and trying to get some sort of airflow. With a choked wheeze, he is on his feet. Black spots fill his vision as he stumbles and grasps his abdomen. He feels like he is in literal hell.

           After a few minutes, Jimin enters the room.

           "How are you at cooking?" he asks briefly.

           "Decent? My mother always complimented me on it. Why?" Yoongi responds. He immediately regrets speaking as his breaths get shorter again.

           "Good for you. The chef is sick today and his replacement was fired last week in one of Mr. Jeon's fits. Hopefully your mother was right. You will be preparing Mr. Jeon's dinner this evening." Jimin spins around on his heel and leaves before Yoongi can protest. Giving up, Yoongi follows through the door with a terrible limp.

           He nearly topples over at the top of the stairs, but he still makes it through the dining hall and into the kitchen. Food has been left out on the counter. A cough sounds from across the room, alerting Yoongi.

             "Just some Bulgogi for tonight. It is simple, but Mr. Jeon is in a terrible mood and it is his favourite." Jimin must really care for Jeon huh? With a nod, Yoongi turns back towards the ingredients laid before him. This is indeed easy enough.

***

             After dinner, Yoongi cleans the dishes and begins to walk back to the basement. It'd be troublesome to act up now. As he is walking by the stairs leading to the second floor, he just so happens to overhear Jeon and Jimin talking.

             "If you continue to treat him like this then you're no better than your father!" Jimin shouts. A slap rings through the house startling Yoongi.

             "W-Wait, I'm so sorry Jimin. I-I didn't mean to. I j-just-"

             "It's okay. Just please consider apologizing or just do something. You know you're better than this."

             As the conversation comes to a conclusion, Yoongi continues down to the basement. He is baffled, speechless, confused, and so much more. He almost feels dizzy. What can this mean? What are they talking about? He approaches the cell and goes to sit on the floor when the door opens behind him.

             "Yoongi, come here." Yoongi's eyes widen. Jeon's voice sounds angry. Did he do something wrong? He turns around, but Jeon is facing the doorway, leaving no room fro conversation. Before he can leave the cell, Jeon approaches him and harshly grabs his wrist, leading him to the bedroom Yoongi was originally to stay in.

             As they enter the room, Jeon abruptly turns to face him.

             "You'll stay here now. Also, I'd like you to continue your work," Jeon says.

             "What does it matter? My job's done for." Jeon gives Yoongi a smirk that almost seems a little awkward on his face.

             "I paid off your superior. Don't worry about it, but he won't be firing you anytime soon. Everyone has a price."

             "O-Okay, anything else?" Yoongi asks, leaning against the wall near the bed.

             "Oh, yes. I wanted to tell you something," Jeon starts. For a second he as if he is contemplating something. Yoongi shakes the thoughts from his head and tries to listen to what he is saying as he speaks again.

             "Another time." Yoongi wants to press him, but before he can respond, however, Jeon averts his eyes and briskly leaves the room. Unexpectedly, there is no sound of the lock clicking, but for some reason Yoongi feels no urge to leave or follow after Jeon.