Already a Softie

Yoongi wakes up alone the next morning. He is about to go look for Jungkook, when Namjoon busts through the door panting.

        "What did you do???"

        "Huh?"

        "What did you do to Jungkook? H-He."

        "He what? What's wrong?"

        "H-He's cooking!"

        Yoongi stifles a laugh as he breathes out a sigh of relief.

        "You really had me worried there, Joon. I thought I hurt him or something. Speaking of which, I didn't do anything. Is this something that's abnormal?"

        "It's more than abnormal. He's never cooked before."

        Yoongi doesn't respond as his face suddenly goes serious.

        "Is there someone watching him right now?"

        "No, why?"

        "Oh my god, if what you say is true and he's never cooked before then he could burn this whole mansion down!"

        Namjoon's eyes widen almost comically and Yoongi has to resist the urge to smack him. He gets up and immediately starts to head downstairs as fast as possible.

        "He should be fine. How hard can it be? I mean the kid can shoot a gun for god's sake."

        "There is a very large difference between a stove and a gun. What's he making anyway?"

        "No idea. He said it was a surprise and you weren't actually supposed to know."

        "And you didn't even think to question him at least a tiny bit?"

        "Nope."

        "My lord, you're almost as bad as him." Yoongi sighs. They make it into the kitchen just in time to see Jungkook trying to pour what Yoongi can only guess is an egg mixture into a pan.

        "You left the shells in," Yoongi says quickly causing Jungkook to let out a squeak and almost drop the bowl he's holding.

        "You're supposed to be sleeping, hyung," Jungkook whines.

        "How can I rest easy while you're sitting in here wreaking havoc in the kitchen?" Yoongi asks. Jungkook stays silent for a few seconds, still holding the bowl over the pan.

        "Fair point."

        "Alright, now scooch over and let me show you how to really make omelets? Is that what you're trying to make?"

        Jungkook nods and moves to the side to let Yoongi see the full mess. He is slightly afraid that Yoongi will be very disappointed in him. The food looks nothing like the cooking shows he's watched after all.

        He watches as Yoongi cleans out the pan which seems to have completely burned eggs in it and willingly gives him the bowl in his hands.

        "Not too bad," Yoongi says and gives Jungkook a comforting smile. Yoongi reaches into what's left of the egg mixture and removes as many egg shells as he can.

        "You got any seasonings?" Jungkook nods and points to one of the cabinets then watches in awe as Yoongi works quickly. Within seconds, the food is already looking perfect. After Yoongi's done, one delicious omelet rests on a plate.

        "Eat up."

        "What about you, hyung?"

        "I can eat something else. This is yours."