Chapter 6

It's had been a few months since Bubbles' first outing. Boomer had thought he'd never see her again after that one time until he saw a golden haired girl strolling down the road towards the park.
'Bubbles!' He ran over to her, hugging her tightly.
'Ow ow ow ow! Stop.' Bubbles said heartlessly, stepping back from him in a defensive manner.
'Oh sorry,' He scratches the back of his neck as he told her about the sighting of the alleged criminal.
'Do you know where Dawing Mansion is?' He asked her expectantly, she lived around here, so she should know this place better than anyone else.
'No sorry, sorry I can't help.' She replied, turning leave.
'But you just came from that direction?' Boomer suspiciously asked.
'Umm, I can't help you. I wasn't expecting this sorry.' She started to fast walk away from Boomer.
'Bubbles, one last hug before you disappear for a few months again? I thought you said you'd be out more. I thought I'd see you.' Boomer said to her lowly, he pulled her into a softer hug, but saw concealer brush off on his shoulder pad on his uniform.
'Concealer?'
Bubbles was walking away after pushing him off.
'BUBBLES?' Boomer shouted.
He rushed over to her.
'Bubbles I don't understand why you're being so distant, I thought we were friends. I understand it was a bit weird but I- wait, is that a bruise?' Boomer hesitated, he walked over calmly as he uncovered a big bruise she hid behind her let down hair.
Bubbles stood still.
'Stop.' She whispered.
'I can't be seen with you. Go away. It's for your own good.' She said louder.
'For my own good? Seeing you is for YOUR own good? You should be safer, and go home. Let me take you back.'
'NO!'
'You don't want to be safe?'
'Boomer now, don't make me go back.'
'Bubbles I get you are scared but I think your suffering from the after shock of being jumped, or even attacked?'
'Boomer I'm not kidding, if he sees.'
He inspected closer, and saw a small but apparent bruise under her eye.
'Bubbles I think you aren't comfortable here. Go back'
'Boomer No! She yelled, Boomer held her wrist, almost twisting it and every step she took felt like daggers under her feet.
She wasn't going back.
On her own watch that is.